Help, please - index.php not being picked up

Username ( epiz_26509236) or Website URL: http://cardiff.infinityfreeapp.com/

(please specify the website or account you are asking about)

When I use the url above, I get the ‘your website is ready’ page. When I use http://cardiff.infinityfreeapp.com/index.php, the page is returned correctly. The .htaccess in root indicates index.php, so I’m not sure why its not being picked up. I also renamed the initial index2.html file, just to be sure!

Suggestions welcome!!

Many thanks, in advance.

I assume I’ve made a mistake somewhere, but cant see where.

Well… For starters I can’t even visit your website. This is what my browser says:

Deceptive site ahead

Attackers on cardiff.infinityfreeapp.com may trick you into doing something dangerous like installing software or revealing your personal information (for example, passwords, phone numbers, or credit cards). Learn more

Help improve Chrome security by sending URLs of some pages you visit, limited system information, and some page content to Google. Privacy policy

Back to safetyHide details

Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on cardiff.infinityfreeapp.com. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

You can report a detection problem or, if you understand the risks to your security, visit this unsafe site.

I get;

However, Firefox really doesn’t like your site, I suggest checking on blacklists about what has happened

This sounds like a caching problem somewhere. Can you please check your website in private browsing mode and see if that does show the right content?

Basically, Google Safe Browsing hates free subdomains. They have the tendency to completely ban domains if too many harmful sites are found on it.

Please do report the detection problem if this is your site and you know it’s safe.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, guys.

Yes - caching was the initial problem. I sorted the safe browsing issue by parking my domain on it & getting SSL working.

All good now but thanks for your advice, everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.