Google Search Console

I can see an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR while visiting your website through HTTPS; that means the certificate is still not installed yet. After you requested it from the order you created on the Free SSL Certificates tool and waited a few minutes (and also refreshed the page every now and then) for it to show up, you’ll have to install it, and that’s one button to press and some more minutes to wait (or maybe even no wait at all). Then, after you confirmed it’s working when you visit the HTTPS version, since you’re using WordPress, you’ll also have to change your website URL on your WordPress settings so it points to the HTTPS version of the website instead, then also remove the property from the Search Console and re-create it, this time with the HTTPS version of the URL instead of HTTP.

8 Likes

Great, I think I understood everything in your previous comments except this:

You will also have to change your website URL on your WordPress settings so that it points to the HTTPS version of the website instead

How do I do that please?

Here you go:

You’ll only have to follow the method 1, only replacing http with https.

7 Likes

Great, I did everything. I hope my site will appear soon when you search in the Google bar. Thank you

1 Like

This is what appears when you search for my site, this is funny, why does my site not appear?

I don’t think there’s any need to ask the same thing every now and then.

Whether it will appear or not depends on Google and its algorithms.
Google does not guarantee that it will appear immediately or within 2 months or that it will appear at all.

You can create a sitemap.xml (through a plugin)

and you can try this

your home page doesn’t even have a title

mixed content

When HTTPS is used, all resources should be requested via the HTTPS protocol and not via HTTP.

You have a style code <style> inside the body section, which is not correct, and so on…
in short, work more on code, HTML and everything else, and worry less about Google SERP.

6 Likes

I never repeat the same question. The results are different every time. I follow the instructions I’m told, and then display the results.

OK - I don’t mean to argue (with all due respect), but this is what I see:

6 Likes

Yes, what I mean is that every time I ask the question, it is after following the instructions provided by the assistants, and I do not find that my site appears, perhaps because I expect the results to be quick.

This is because I was working on a Blogger blog, with a paid domain, and it wasn’t complicated

This is my first time working on WordPress with a free domain and hosting

I didn’t mean to upset, just excited. I am striving for success, and the site not showing up makes me feel frustrated. That’s it.

We have told you that results won’t come quickly, so maybe don’t have hope that they will and you won’t be as disappointed.

5 Likes

That’s because custom domains generally get more preference over subdomains for crawling (At least in my experience). And since blogger is owned by Google, that probably plays a part too.

5 Likes

Yes, thank you,
I am in the learning stage, I expected that the discussion would not bother anyone. I wasn’t expecting this, so I brought up each new step, asking if there was something I could do, and the answers were always helpful.

I work in affiliate marketing and write articles, so I want my site to show up in search engines so I don’t feel like my efforts are useless.

In your experience, what is the approximate amount of time you waited for your articles to appear?

Whatever answer you get means nothing
because what was valid yesterday may not be valid today
because Google changes algorithms
and it depends on their load when they will send a new wave of robots to dig new web pages

Maybe they already are - but now they are validating and comparing the content of your website
then they see you don’t have a title - so they give you a negative point
and a million other things.

But I can say that 1 month is an average figure (if they did not decide to save electricity :slight_smile: ) for a normal and healthy website.

8 Likes

Yes, thank you,
Actually, I don’t know if you are the support team or forum members. I don’t speak English, so I might miss some things.

I followed all the instructions you gave me, they were helpful, and my following questions are for follow-up purposes

I didn’t mean to offend, thank you anyway.

Yes, I’m supposed to be posting normally during this period, right?

About a month before my first articles, 4-5 months before they were all indexed. And yes, you should be continuing to post and updating the site during this time to show Google it is active.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.