Getting this message Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user blah blah

Website URL

(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Failed to connect to MySQL: Access denied for user 'epiz_xxx to database ‘epiz_xxx_mc’

Other Information

If we go into mySQL Databases for user “” the database no longer appears and there is a strange password being shown.

(other information and details relevant to your question)

I only see one database on your account, which does not end with _mc. And if you try to connect to database that doesn’t exist, you’ll also see the “Access denied for user…” error.

I’m not sure what you mean by this, I don’t see anything unusual on your account’s or databases.

5 Likes

Thank You for coming back to me on this issue.
On your question " I only see one database on your account, which does not end with _mc . And if you try to connect to database that doesn’t exist, you’ll also see the “Access denied for user…” error."
That is what we see. There were 2 databases. 1 with a suffix of _mc
That database is now missing.

With respect to the question on the password, that is no longer an issue.

Hopefully you can help us with the missing database.
Best regards,
Barry.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I don’t see any database like that. I have no way to see when (or if) it did exist, and what happened that caused it to be gone.

I can tell you that we don’t make backups of free hosting accounts. If any data is lost, either due to your action or due to a technical error on our end (which we try to prevent as much as possible, of course), then we have no way to restore it. You are responsible for maintaining your own backups.

4 Likes

Hi Admin,
I understand and agree that you would not do backups on free hosting accounts, however, my question is “Why Did A Database Just Disappear”.
Best regards,
Barry,

1 Like

Admin basically already stated it. We don’t know. It could have been a system error or an error you made unknowingly. But either way, it’s gone and we don’t have a backup. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused, but there’s nothing we can do about it now.

7 Likes

sometimes if you install an application via softaculous, it may not appear in the list.

You can use another database and open a database, go to the phpmyadmin server home, and enter the missing database name. You can still manage it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.