Function imagecreatefromjpeg() suddenly stopped working

Website URL

http://imgcreate.rf.gd/cheeruppakistan/

Error Message

PHP max_execution_time is 60 seconds
Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /home/vol15_7/infinityfree.com/if0_35270927/htdocs/cheeruppakistan/cheer.php:86 Stack trace: #0 /home/vol15_7/infinityfree.com/if0_35270927/htdocs/cheeruppakistan/cheer.php(332): cropToSquare(‘uploads/urKArC9…’, ‘out-urKArC9yWz…’, 1000) #1 /home/vol15_7/infinityfree.com/if0_35270927/htdocs/cheeruppakistan/cheer.php(138): addTextToImage(‘uploads/urKArC9…’, ‘out-urKArC9yWz…’, ‘erfewafrq 4tfwe…’, ‘/home/vol15_7/i…’, ‘50’, Array, ‘logo.png’, ‘overlay.png’) #2 {main} thrown in /home/vol15_7/infinityfree.com/if0_35270927/htdocs/cheeruppakistan/cheer.php on line 86

Other Information

It had been working for a month or two but today suddenly stopped working and showing this error if there’s some issue with the GD Lib.

1 Like

I got the same problem, too
Since several hours ago :confounded:

Yes, recently it seems that GD bugged out and can only support GIF now. You have to wait or use Imagick if possible.

1 Like

Is it available for free users?

4 Likes

Since PHP 8.2 it was available to free hosting as far as I’m aware — though I believe it might be a mistake from iFastNet, it was there.

1 Like

It seems that there was an issue yesterday where the GD extension for PHP was missing or not configured correctly. This was likely caused by an error during a routine PHP upgrade.

I just had a look and as far as I can tell the issue was fixed. Do you still experience this problem?

4 Likes

https://dfellows.rf.gd/site_html/weatherTraverseCity.php
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg()
Problem continues 2024-03-16T04:00:00Z

Hi, I just encountered that issue a few moments ago, so it’s sill not fixed.

1 Like

Hi,

I have the same issue since then and currently. Do you have maybe any suggestion?

Fatal error : Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefrompng() in…

Right, I tested the issue on a few testing accounts and I couldn’t reproduce the issue there, but it seems that this issue still affects some accounts/servers. I’ll have someone look into this.

Meanwhile, I created an outage topic about it where I will share updates about this issue: PNG and JPEG support missing for GD extension on some accounts

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.