Ftpupload.net is unavailable

My FTP connection started failing today. It worked yesterday.

Error Message

FilleZilla returns:
|Status:|Resolving address of FTPUPLOAD.NET|
|Status:|Connection attempt failed with EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known.|
|Error:|Could not connect to server|

pinging FTPUPLOAD.NET returns
Pinging FTPUPLOAD.NET [185.27.134.11] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

1 Like

I should add that the InfinityFree “File Manager” still works.

" The error connection attempt failed with “eai_noname-neither node name nor servname provided, not known ” occurs when connected via FTP and it means that the DNS entry for a specific site cannot be resolved. Instead of using the FTP with a website, the IP address should be replaced by the host FTP website.’

Do your settings resemble this?
Match these settings and try again. I don’t think you are having a dns resolution issue, I think your settings don’t match these bellow. BTW the host server does not accept ICMP ping. and does not respond to a port check of port 21. But it does work.

3 Likes

My settings matched yours and now it is all of a sudden working even though I didn’t change anything. Maybe something in my FileZilla client got corrupted.
Thanks for your reply. At least now I know that pinging the ftp site is not helpful.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: FileZilla security

This doesn’t seem to be resolved yet. I’m facing the same issue connecting to ftpupload.net using FileZilla client today.

Last week, there was an issue with our nameservers that made many hosted sites, as well as our FTP server, hard to access. But those issues have long since been resolved.

If you say it’s not, can you please share logs from FileZilla so we know that it’s actually the same issue?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.