Freecluster.eu Blocked On Social Media

Hello,

I am wondering when somebody is going to post in here telling me that you have unblocked all your domains from social media blacklists??

All of my sites that end with freecluster.eu are blocked on Facebook, people who are on those domains cannot get their message out there due to sites being wrongly idenrtified as spam or malicious simply because they are on your domain?? There seems to be very little being done about it. I accept my plan is free, but surely people have every right to expect that the least they will get is a domain or sub - domain with a good reputation that isn’t blocked by social media to get their message out there… Even the Infinity Free 404 page is described as a phishing site (confirmed in another thread to me)… Out of all the problems we have here, this must be one of the most annoying ones… Why are all your sub - domains blocked on social media?

Thanks,

Paul

Social media and anti viruses tend to block the domain (in this case, freecluster.eu) when one of their free subdomains are found to be used for phishing, providing malware etc. Which although prohibited according to the Terms of Service, can still be there unnoticed.

You may have better luck contacting them regarding the false report.

7 Likes

Because some people are using free subdomains for abuse, before the anti-abuse filters caught them, the domain is already blacklisted.

To fix this, just get your own custom somain elsewhere, it has loads of benefits.

Alternatively, contact facebook yourself to get it unlocked

6 Likes

Because you’re poor scum, that’s why.

At least, that seems to be the stance of social media companies. They block our domains, they don’t tell us that they are doing it, they don’t tell us why they are doing it, and if we try to reach out to them about it to figure out what we can do to get this resolved, we get no response.

We don’t know why our domains are blocked by these companies. They refuse to talk to us. We can guess why they are doing it, but even then, we can’t do anything about it.

There is nothing being done about it because social media companies don’t want to do anything about it. And nobody but them can do anything about it.

That’s only partially true. Older accounts use the /404 URL, which is flagged, but new accounts use the URL /errors/404, which is safe.

I have also contacted Cloudflare many times about this. But their compliance team just doesn’t respond, and their support team says that only the compliance team can do something about it.

Please understand that if someone else chooses to block our URLs, we are completely at the mercy of this third party to get it unblocked. If they refuse to cooperate, there is nothing we can do.

7 Likes

How is this not an ad - hominem?? This joke free environment, there is no place for this in here is there?? If people can feign offence at an isolation gag others will lose their sense of humour as well…

Sometimes the way free plans are targeted on here, people would be forgiven for thinking that this is actually a rare outbreak of truth in my view, and this is what you actually think. It certainly comes across that way when I deal with some forum members…

How reassuring… It is a shame that you ghuys are effectively blacklisted across every single social media platform. I will never consider paid hosting here until you sort that out.

I know how you feel, we have had our sites broken and the people that broke it simply refuse to accept responsibility for it, even having the cheek to blame us for not fixing unbroken sites… It is hard dealing with people that don’t want to be dealt with, I would display solidarity with you, but emotional support is banned right now isn’t it in the warm friendly space otherwise known as an Infinity Free forum…

It is a shame that your domains are so despised by these companies… I must have what 50 pieces of content removed a day posts going back years…They really are trying to wipe you guys and your domains off the face of the Earth…

Some interesting information here which everybody should read before hosting a website here in my view… Hopefully you guys sort out your own reputation soon, as it is clearly in the gutter with these very influential firms.

It is a shame that you guys let them get on here in the first place really, if you were more stringent then maybe you would have a better reputation.Again, the fault lies with you guys for letting them exploit you. Now honest hard working people like me and my volunteers have to suffer for your negligence…

It is a sub domain isn’t it, as i don’t own the domain I can’t even do anything apart from maybe register a new domain and transfer the site to that… But after you broke our sites with your update all our plans have had to be put on hold to put out fires we didn’t start, unfortunately…

You are going to have to elaborate here brother, I have no idea what a somain is??

I have tried, as I am not the domain owner of freecluster.eu I am powerless to do anything unfortunately…

Mate, you’ve got to understand that InfinityFree has nothing to do with this.

If you want to waste time making false accusations, be my guest.

It’s a misspelling of the word “domain”

7 Likes

How did you miss out the sarcasm? This is criticism directed to social media companies, not you:

Surprise: Paid hosting doesn’t have this issue, as social media companies aren’t as aggressive with them as they are on free hosting. Customers of paid hosting also usually bring their own domains with them, so it is way harder to get blacklisted (unless you’re doing something malicious, you normally should be off the hook).

It is a shame they exist in the first place; it is a shame that malicious actors are willing to abuse the goodwill of free hosting providers for their own nefarious purposes. There are automated systems in place that detect and suspend most malicious actors very quickly, but some slip through the cracks, as is the nature of free hosting; just like the police in real life, you can’t immediately catch them all. It would be great if crime could always be prevented before it occured, but it realistically is impossible.

Trust me, the domain owner is powerless too.

And in cases they do respond, their response is something like this:

Please try not to post multiple times to address responses from different people. You can do so in one post; posting multiple times can appear as spam, and can be one of the reasons your topics get the “15 minute slowdown” you complained about.

8 Likes

It was a crude joke that should be taken in the context of the sentence I wrote right after it. I wrote it to signify the crusade that social media companies appear to be on against free hosting and free subdomains, and the dehumanizing way they handle content that they believe is dangerous.

I did regret putting that statement here because I realized that you would probably take it as a personal attack from me to you, which was not what I intended. I wanted to edit my post to remove that sentence but I forgot. But you’ve seen it now, the damage is done, so I’m leaving the sentence there.

So I’m sorry if you were offended by this sentence. It was not my intent, and it was careless of me to write such a statement here in the first place.

Regarding everything else you’ve posted: I have explained why our URLs are being blocked by social networks and why we have been unable to resolve this. If you still don’t understand, please read my first reply again.

And dragging the PHP upgrade issues into this discussion is unnecessary. And irrelevant too: the main issue with social media blocking is that they just refuse to talk to us or explain anything. You only need to look at the whopping 83 messages in your topic What Have You Done To My Site? to see that we do respond, and we do explain, even if that doesn’t mean we do the thing you want us to do.

The issue primarily affects free subdomains, and paid hosting generally does not provide free subdomains. Many (most?) paid hosting plans include a custom domain name as part of the plan. And even if they don’t, buying a domain name for ~$10 per year when you’re already paying ~$5 per month on hosting should be a no-brainer.

The issue isn’t so much free hosting vs. paid hosting as it is free domain vs. paid domain. And if you think “well, that’s not fair, I shouldn’t be required to pay to be able to publish my site”, then try telling Facebook or TikTok that.

Because again, they are blocking our domains. They control the blocklist. We have no control over it.

7 Likes

This topic should not even exist
because the OP already discussed this 5+ years ago

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.