Free Custom Domain Hosting - Error

Hi All,
First of all, thanks in advance for the support.

Website URL

I’m trying to add a new hosting acocunt for my custom domain ending in .com.br. I’ve tried it already last year, without success, and have been trying it again since this morning. All the times, I get the same error, below.

Error Message

This is the error I get here on the Infinityfree, when trying to add the account: “Your domain is not yet pointing to our nameservers ns1.infinityfree.com and ns2.infinityfree.com. Please change your nameservers at your domain name provider and wait a few hours for the changes to take effect. You can also create an account with a subdomain first.

Other Information

My domain is registered within the provider registro.br. When I try to add the DNS server on their control panel, I get an error saying that the ‘search was rejected’ for both servers.

When I contacted them, they said that this error means that when they search for my .com.br domain on both DNS servers, they refuse to provide the information if the my domain is configured. They also said that I should be contacting you and request this to be fixed, in order for when they do this search the DNS servers can return with authority over the domain.

What can be done here to fix this? I’m not an expert myself on website hosting/protocols etc, so I have no idea if what they are saying makes sense or not.

Thank you.

Regards,
Caio

Hi and welcome to the forum! You can try to use CNAME verification after you created a hosting account with a subdomain first:

11 Likes

Hi, thank you for your kind answer.
However, I can’t see the CNAME record when I try to add the account/domain, as pointed in the guide. What am I doing wrong, please?

That is why I said:

So first create a new hosting account with a subdomain you choose, then wait until it’s created, log in to the Control Panel at least once to enable all functions, then follow the guide on the hosting account you created before.

10 Likes

Apologies, I missed/misinterpreted this part. I have now created a subdomain and accessed its Control Panel.

I assume now I need to wait a few hours to try and adding my custom domain again? I tried again now and it returns the same error, i.e. without giving me the CNAME record.

Thank you for your help and patience.

1 Like

Now you can try adding your domain again on the “Addon Domains” section of the Control Panel, or on the “Domains” section of your hosting account on your Client Area (don’t create another one!) and see if it gives a CNAME record to add instead.

10 Likes

I think now I got the grip on what I should do, thanks to you. As you might have noticed, my knowledge on this is near zero. It should work from here, I’ll get back later if not.

Thank you very much!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.