Forum Login Bug

So I don’t know if it’s me or someone else also. When you click on login on the forum, fine it leads to client area login. When you type your credentials and click on sign in it just refreshes on the login page. Though the cookie session is set, it neither redirects to the client area nor the forum.

It’s been like that for awhile for me, and I brought it to Admins attention some time ago. Unfortunately he was unable to reproduce it, and I’ve never bothered to spend some time and debug it myself as it’s really not that big of an inconvenience.

6 Likes

Yeah I know, it may not cause inconvenience, but for new users, it would be bugging to come back and click of forum login button to get access. I know it’s not serious but worth a public message to admin.

1 Like

I thought this was only me, so I never really thought to bring it up.

Hmm, that’s weird. That always happens to me.

3 Likes

This never happens to me. I can just click the login button, enter the credentials, and be redirected to the forum again.

I didn’t give it more attention because as far as I was aware, only @Greenreader9 had this issue, because nobody ever spoke up about it.

I did some testing and I was able to reproduce some issue this time. For me, it breaks with the message:

Refused to send form data to 'https://app.infinityfree.net/two-factor-challenge' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "form-action 'self' app.infinityfree.net cpanel.epizy.com".

This error message makes no sense because the form-action is both “self” and “app.infinityfree.net”, but I think it refuses to process the request because the form redirects to forum.infinityfree.com.

I tweaked the CSP a bit that should hopefully fix this. Can you please check that this solves the issue for you too?

In general, if you see issues like this, even minor ones, please report them. Many times they don’t take a lot of effort to fix, but I don’t fix them because I don’t experience them or just don’t notice them.

7 Likes

Yes, it works as supposed to now!

3 Likes

I’m also noticed!!!
I’m using ublock so have not taken as serious till it work with a reload page!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.