Forum Intergration

What plugin/addon does your forum use to allow the client area to fully intergrate?

Vanilla Forums offers a Single Sign On method called JsConnect. It’s a bit finicky to use (it’s not as well documented as I’d like), but once set up correctly it works pretty well.

What plugin is the client area itself?

@Kieran said:

The client area is custom built, so the JsConnect backend had to be custom built as well. There are helpers to help generate the right JSON payload.

@Admin said:

@Kieran said:

The client area is custom built, so the JsConnect backend had to be custom built as well. There are helpers to help generate the right JSON payload.

Are you looking for any client area developers id be happy to help out in my free time

Ah, I was wanting to make a basic client area system.

@Kieran said:
Ah, I was wanting to make a basic client area system.

What do you mean by “client area”? For like hosting?

@Kieran said:
What plugin/addon does your forum use to allow the client area to fully intergrate?

This forum uses Vanilla Forums to power it. I have Vanilla Forums on my website, and it is great. It doesn’t look that great at first, but once you find a good theme or make your own, it is so great. The plugins make it even better, there are so many you could even use Vanilla Forums as a “social network” kinda like Facebook.

I’m looking to have a client area that’s pretty much the same as this, but of course I’d have some customisation and extras like content panels and ticket system integrations etc.

@Kieran said:
I’m looking to have a client area that’s pretty much the same as this, but of course, I’d have some customisation and extras like content panels and ticket system integrations etc.
Like are you providing web hosting? I have one where I’m providing Minecraft Servers at https://my.at-web-design.co.uk which is totally custom built?

I don’t have a login to look at the site you made.

@Kieran said:
I don’t have a login to look at the site you made.

It basically looks like Infinity Free’s Dashboard but for minecraft hosting ill put some pics up.

EDIT: Here are some photos i have taken of the dashboard!

Select product

Select Minecraft Contract

Billing, General and FTP Info

Server Panel (BETA)

Looks good, something like I need.

@Kieran said:

For web hosting? Or some other service

null
I suggest for your client area, you use Softaculous, and install phpMyFAQ, some ticket system, and Vanilla Forums with a Q&A plugin and voting so you can vote for answers and mark things as answers. This is what I use, and it works fairly well. As a bonus, you could install live helper chat to talk to your customers live, instead of just community/ticket support.

@TristianK3604 said:
null
I suggest for your client area, you use Softaculous, and install phpMyFAQ, some ticket system, and Vanilla Forums with a Q&A plugin and voting so you can vote for answers and mark things as answers. This is what I use, and it works fairly well. As a bonus, you could install live helper chat to talk to your customers live, instead of just community/ticket support.

I didn’t know about the Q&A plugin, I just checked and it and looks nice! Maybe we can add it here soon as well.

As for ticketing systems, Freshdesk is a nice hosted solution which has a free tier. In the self hosted category osTicket is the best free option there is I think, but I personally don’t find it very nice to work with.

@AlanTiller said:

@Kieran said:

For web hosting? Or some other service

Yes

Bump

@Kieran said:
Bump

Any particular reason you bumped? Your initial question was answered, wasn’t it?

I thought Alan was interested in helping.