Firezilla - can't connect to server

Username

epiz_26917531

Error Message

Status: Connection attempt failed with “EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known”.
Error: Could not connect to server

Other Information

I’m seeing this error message…
Thanks

Try to use 185.27.134.11 instead ftpupload.net for the host name

2 Likes

Thanks but it’s giving the same error message Status: Connection attempt failed with “EAI_NONAME - Neither nodename nor servname provided, or not known”.

Try to use vpn?

Thanks but that didn’t work either. Get the same error message…

Please read this article?

You aren’t giving us full logs then we cannot help you with that.

1 Like

I tried it but I’m having trouble here too. I don’t see “save” button in step 5.

1. Go to Edit → Settings…
  2. Scroll down to the Debug page.
  3. Ensure that “Show debug menu” is enabled (it is by default).
  4. Update the “Debug information in message log” and set it to “2 - Info”.
  5. Click Save to update the settings.

See screenshot ^ I click on the blue OK button, and try connecting again, but I don’t see a detailed information in top window. Also, when I go back to debug page, Debug information in message log: is set to 1 - Warning, NOT 2 - info is not saved, so I don’t think the update was saved.

My site doesn’t have MySQL, it’s a single page website built with html css jquery. it looks like i can directly upload files to htdocs, I’m going to try that…

Please note that more debug information is only shown for new commands established after changing the setting. And closing and re-opening FileZilla resets the log level.

The whole issue is a bit weird. EAI_NONAME indicates a DNS error, but if you use the IP address as provided by @Erraticstuff, you don’t use DNS at all for the FTP connection.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.