Files are present in almost every FTP viewer I use but not in the website

My website URL is: weareawake.gq

What I’m seeing is: My issue is that, a whole directory and some other files (f.e weareawake.gq/timeout and weareawake.gq/timeout/40040.png) are almost like invisible to the website when I access it through my browser, not only to me but multiple friends around the world so I doubt this is a local issue, also tried disabling cloudflare caching and enabling directory listing again, but to no success, it just gives a 404

I’m using this software: MonstaFTP, Filezilla, File manager, Google Chrome, Firefox, Tor, none of those work

Additional information: This has happened before and the only solution I found was to delete the file and upload it with a different name, then also edit other html files to point to the new ones, thatd be fine but I was wondering if theres a smarter solution to this problem

I checked your account and I noticed there are some .htaccess rules on your website which redirects /timeout/ to something else. These are using the Redirect directive. Note that Redirect doesn’t match single URLs, they match a prefix. So if you setup a Redirect for /timeout/, then /timeout/404.html will be redirected as well.

You may want to use mod_rewrite rules instead if you need more fine grained control than Redirect can offer.

I tried experimenting with .htaccess rules, even deleting them all still seems to have some files just 404, for example, I have for now enabled directory listing and a certain file is listed, f.e timeout/Vi.html is there and its openable but timeout/V.html is still there but it goes to a 404 when opened, seems odd, and it’s only happening with some HTML’s and certain PNG’s, all other files are fine

I see you’re using Cloudflare. Did you try to purge their cache as well? Cloudflare’s performance improvements are largely caused by cache, and they will cache anything, including undesired content.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.