File transfers unsuccessful via FTP

I have encounterd the following error message when I try to transfer files from my local drive to the server via FTP. Any advice on how to resolve this issue?

Ching

Error Message

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Status: Starting upload of C:\Career\My Proactive Accounts\Marketing\Website\Mobirise 2\index.html
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (185,27,134,11,72,239)
Command: MLSD
Error: GnuTLS error -110: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Error: The data connection could not be established: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: File transfer failed

Other Information

(other information and details relevant to your question)

Have you checked this article already?

Specifically, I suspect that you’re dealing with a funny router that’s breaking your FTP connection. Maybe you can fix this in your router settings, or maybe you’ll need to use a VPN to bypass it.

5 Likes

Thanks for your help. Now I have managed to transfer my webstie files from my local drive to the server. However, when I type in my website address in a browser to see, it looks funny. Some pictures are missing, text and pictures are not properly aligned, which is very different from the website that I open in my local drive. Please see the link below.

http://www.myproactiveaccounts.com/index.html#header05-1

Do you know if I have done anything wrong?

I checked your site and it seems like a bunch of files are missing, notably the CSS files. When I check the Network tab in my browser, a lot of the Javascript files appear to be missing too (the URLs redirect to our 404 page).

Please try re-uploading the assets folder of your website, it’s possible that a number of files were not uploaded successfully.

3 Likes

Thanks for your tip. I have re-uploaded the assets folder of my website to the server. However, I notice two unusal things:

1. My website is not secure. How can I make it secure?
  2. When I type in my website address directly into a browser, the layout is still not properly aligned with missing pictures and texts. However, when I type my business name in Google search bar and click the link to my business website, the website looks good. Do you know the reason? Do I need to do anything else to rectify it?

Are you sure you are looking at the same page? That is the only thing I can think of atm.

4 Likes

The page has valid SSL, so all you need to do is force redirects to HTTPS:

Other than clearing your browser’s cache, I don’t think you need to do anything else for your website to show properly.

4 Likes

I am quite sure that I am looking at the same page. Please check the below links.

https://myproactiveaccounts.com/ (it comes from Google search)
http://www.myproactiveaccounts.com/?i=1 (it comes from the direct typing of my website address in a browser)

Your website works perfectly on both links for me. You can notice the difference with regard to your “insecure” question however:

If you want all requests to be upgraded to HTTPS and be secure, you can check the article I linked in my post above.

As for the other issue, have you cleared your browser’s cache and tried again?

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.