Fastcron not working

I’m encountering an issue with my server’s cronjobs, specifically when using Fastcron. Every time these cronjobs are executed, I consistently receive the same error message. I would greatly appreciate your expertise in resolving this matter.
This is the error message:

HTTP/2 200 
server: nginx
date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 13:49:48 GMT
content-type: text/html
expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT
cache-control: no-cache
content-encoding: br

<html><body><script type="text/javascript" src="/aes.js" ></script><script>function toNumbers(d){var e=[];d.replace(/(..)/g,function(d){e.push(parseInt(d,16))});return e}function toHex(){for(var d=[],d=1==arguments.length&&arguments[0].constructor==Array?arguments[0]:arguments,e="",f=0;f<d.length;f++)e+=(16>d[f]?"0":"")+d[f].toString(16);return e.toLowerCase()}var a=toNumbers("f655ba9d09a112d4968c63579db590b4"),b=toNumbers("98344c2eee86c3994890592585b49f80"),c=toNumbers("2f8fee575869d7458dbbeaeb3c59ec76");document.cookie="__test="+toHex(slowAES.decrypt(c,2,a,b))+"; expires=Thu, 31-Dec-37 23:55:55 GMT; path=/"; location.href="https://www.tzaaltjeoudenbos.be/cronjobs/cron_test.php?i=1";</script><noscript>This site requires Javascript to work, please enable Javascript in your browser or use a browser with Javascript support</noscript></body></html>

This?

4 Likes

Hi GillesDM,

This is the default response from InfinityFree hosting servers for requests without the security cookie headers, a JavaScript anti-bot measure to be precise. As far as free hosting is concerned, automated bot access is not allowed/recommended/whatever.

You maybe able to get around this by using a custom domain on your website, alternatively, use email method instead if you need reliable automation. As you have Fastcron access, you can have that job to access a certain mailbox and resolve your data from there.

As for your website, you can call SMTP providers’ API to send an email to yourself and have them stacked there until a cron is executed.

If you’re dealing with business critical mission here, just upgrade instead.

If you wish to know more, a technical discussion can be found in Informal:

Cheers!

Take note

5 Likes

Hi KangJL,

The cron jobs are executed on Fastcron servers (a 3rd party cron provider), somehow he/she’s referring to this ambiguously, anyway.

Assuming he/she has been collecting some data here on InfinityFree, then a cron job comes to get them, the security system gets in the way, hence the asking.

Either way, something has to be triggered for his interesting data to be collected, using that same trigger to send the data away is a better option if automated cronjobs are necessary. Alternatively, building a backend to retrieve the collected data without using cronjobs is a better option.

Cheers!

Thank you for the information

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.