event scheduler is not turning on in mysql!

when i try to turn on the event scheduler in database it shows error msg(#1227 - Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SUPER privilege(s) for this operation)…

The MySQL event scheduler is disabled on free hosting because it’s very hard to track and control database usage through it. So enabling it might allow people to heavily overload the database servers, which I don’t think anyone wants.

If you need to run a periodic task on your website, you may be interested in Cron Jobs instead.

@Admin said:
The MySQL event scheduler is disabled on free hosting because it’s very hard to track and control database usage through it. So enabling it might allow people to heavily overload the database servers, which I don’t think anyone wants.

If you need to run a periodic task on your website, you may be interested in Cron Jobs instead.

will cron jobs work on free hosting?

@iamdeepak said:

@Admin said:

Yes, you can configure them through your control panel through the Cron Jobs section.

@Admin said:

@iamdeepak said:

@Admin said:

Yes, you can configure them through your control panel through the Cron Jobs section.

ohk buddy thanks