Error establishing a database connection

Website URL

([ https://socialtemplates.store/ ])

Error Message

([ Error establishing a database connection ])

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or that contact with the database server at sql200.byetcluster.com could not be established. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

• Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
  • Are you sure you have typed the correct hostname?
  • Are you sure the database server is running?

Other Information

(Can anyone help me with this issue? I was doing some setup on my website and received this error message )

Can you activate WP_DEBUG to fetch the actual issue? The following article can help:

4 Likes

I can’t fic the problem, I need a tutorial on how to fix it. Can anyone help me?

Have you checked your Database, server ,username and password correctly?

The below image will help you get your database details.

1 Like

I went there and inserted the right information, but still wasn’t able to access the website, so I decided to uninstall the website, I think I made a mistake because I did that on the file manager. Now I installed WordPress again but I can install any plugins.

why do you think this is happening ?

Your website seems to be working fine for me, and I assume you are asking about why you can’t install any WP plugins, right?

Follow the below article:

Yes that’s what i’m saying. can you help me solve that issue?

If you are trying to upload larger files via FileManager you can’t. You should use an FTP client like FileZilla.

Your issue is cause by a temporary outage and misconfiguration on ALL the infinityfree hosted wordpress. Same as Other people including myself claiming eror “Missing a temporary folder”. Don’t try workarounds and wait for the admins to fix that problem.

1 Like

@SoftHub

There are no indications that database connections errors have anything to do with the missing file path errors. They are also two entirely separate problems, and I would be a tad suprized if they are related.

4 Likes

Blockquote I went there and inserted the right information, but still wasn’t able to access the website, so I decided to uninstall the website, I think I made a mistake because I did that on the file manager. Now I installed WordPress again but I can install any plugins.

@Greenreader9 He said he reinstalled the CMS and is now working fine, except he can’t install plugins that’s the exact same problem all wordpress on IF are currently having.
BTW the database error usually comes here on IF where you abusing the database with multiple queries in a short time. A refresh couple seconds after usually fixes

I will wait and see if the problem is solved. the bad thing is that I’m gonna do all the stuff again.

Once in a while do a database backup in phpmyadmin. If shit happens, do a fresh install, manually install the plugins/themes and drop in the old db.

Thanks for the advice, I’ll do that. Any updates on those errors? I need my website built ASAP.

After installing WordPress again and the plugins I had the same problem saying,

Error establishing a database connection

I think my problem is that since I’m using a free web hosting service, I could be low in storage, so maybe the solution is to use Ifast and upgrade. I’m trying to make some things on my website and it will go down and show the database connection error, and after a few seconds, it will go up again.

Hello

Can you enable Wordpress debug mode in your wp-config file?

3 Likes

bro it says wp debug false. what should i do? change to true?

Now I received this message

This site/page has used all available php / apache processes allowed on a free hosting account.

Yes

Wait a few minutes then reload

2 Likes