Error 500 Using Mybb plugins

When I install certain plugins that require curl I get a error 500 when loading them.

The PHP curl extension is enabled on our hosting. The function that would allow PHP code to execute curl system commands are blocked.

A 500 error typically means that something crashed. Enabling display_errors will show more information:

That’s about as much as I can tell you with the limited information you have provided. If you want a more specific solution to your question, please provide more information about the problem.

8 Likes

I run mybb forum. And when I enable certain plugins I get this error.

Yes, that was already clear. That’s also about the only information you have shared, which is nowhere near enough to help you.

If you don’t want to say anything or do anything, that’s up to you. But if that’s the case, we cannot help you.

And if you think, “well, your hosting is giving this error, so you should fix it”, please remember that we can’t fix a problem we know nothing about. And “unknown plugin on unknown site is giving unknown error” doesn’t give us a lot to go on.

3 Likes

My bad, I have solved the issue.

There was a htaccess.txt file added. So i added these rules to the original .htaccess and it works now.

The other problem is being discussed here:

I thought it was hosting related at first, but I guess it’s just files not properly organized/set up

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.