EP limit but everything else low?

Username (e.g. epiz_XXX) or Website URL

wakfubestiary.epizy.com

Error Message

Account suspended due to reaching EP limits

Other Information

I have my account for a while now, I use it as a non-profit, ad free encyclopedia for a obscure MMORPG I play. Because of this, usually my statistics were never even close to hitting daily limits, so I was really surprised when seeing the site suspended for the first time in almost 3 years.
Apparently only the daily EP limit was hit, a extremely sudden spike, 0 to 100 type stuff, with no connection with any other daily limits (everything else basically ground level).
So anyone has experienced anything similar / can know what could have caused it? I’m a very inexperienced web developer, so my site was indeed kinda sloppy with the coding and stuff. Could it be a bug with something I coded poorly?
Anyway, that’s pretty much it, if anyone can give me a light on this situation? Admins would be greatly appreciated too, maybe shed light on behind the scenes stuff I may have not known?

I hope this works, but here, something I hadn’t thought to add (for some reason) to the post.
The statistics on my site, is this common? never happened in 3 years.

I also had updated the site recently too, maybe I really did add something to the site that was really faulty and cause an issue on the server? idk really.

If you have a WP site, updating it could have caused the spike. If you have a static site, I have no clue.

It could also be because there was a resent error in the calculations of the statistics. It has supposedly been fixed.

Hey thanks for the reply.
My site is basically all php and htmls written in text editors by me, I don’t use WordPress (assuming WP is WordPress).

My updates are basically just uploading new images and files to htdocs and updating databases, and for 3 years a suspension like this never happened, so I’m also inclined to believe that it may have been caused by an error on your guys’ end.

Anyway, thanks for the response, I’ll be sure to report back if this happens again.

If you don’t use WordPress (WP), than I would agree. The problem seams to be solved though.

Best of luck on your site!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.