Email subscriptions

Website URL

freschscorner.infinityfreeapp.com

Other Information

I’m new to hosting websites, and recently migrated from wordpress as a host due to restrictions. I’m looking to add email subscriptions, so people can recieve a notificaiton once a new post goes up. Found out it was a part of jetpack, which I (no matter what I try) can’t get working on the site. (it’s some problem with my xmlrpc.php file). Are there any alternatives I could use, or is there a way to get jetpack working?

There are probably better plugins out there then Jetpack. Jetpack gets blocked by security systems here, and is resource intensive (could lead to suspensions).

I would find a plugin that only does subscription management (Or just find a contact form plugin and manage emails yourself). Note that if you want to send emails from free hosting, you’ll need an SMTP plugin (As the mail() function is disabled here)

6 Likes

ah. I’ve got WP Mail SMTP plugin installed, and configured to gmail. I’m not sure how to get it to work as a subscription… I’ve also got PublishPress Planner, but I’m completely lost as how to do it myself. as I post frequently, I’m worried managing emails myself might be a little tedious.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.