Email sending via Gmail SMTP

Hello,

As I am new to this ftp business, I looked over an article stating that I can use google’s smtp server to send emails to overcome Roundcube’s restrictions. I downloaded FileZilla, and did everything I was suppose to do but I do not know what to do next… Please help! You can overview my ftp settings by logging in and seeing for yourself. Let me know if you need my ftp information. I have another question, do I continue sending emails from 185.27.132.238/roundcubemail, or use gmail to send emails?

@omarionr said:
Hello,

As I am new to this ftp business, I looked over an article stating that I can use google’s smtp server to send emails to overcome Roundcube’s restrictions. I downloaded FileZilla, and did everything I was suppose to do but I do not know what to do next… Please help! You can overview my ftp settings by logging in and seeing for yourself. Let me know if you need my ftp information.
Well, we cannot login and see without having your FTP info, but you should not post it on the forums where everyone can see it. Have you tried going to youradress.com/PHPMailer and send an email.
I have another question, do I continue sending emails from 185.27.132.238/roundcubemail, or use gmail to send emails?
You can use both! There is no such restriction!

@omarionr said:
Hello,

As I am new to this ftp business, I looked over an article stating that I can use google’s smtp server to send emails to overcome Roundcube’s restrictions. I downloaded FileZilla, and did everything I was suppose to do but I do not know what to do next… Please help! You can overview my ftp settings by logging in and seeing for yourself. Let me know if you need my ftp information. I have another question, do I continue sending emails from 185.27.132.238/roundcubemail, or use gmail to send emails?

What kind of site are you using?
(e.g. WordPress, joomla)

I just tried that website and it said page is not found. May I PM you my FTP information?

@ChrisPAR Can you give me an email or way to send you the info? I can’t find pm on the forum :frowning:

@UnknownLolz I am not using either. I am just using cPanel. I am new to all of this so I might not be giving you the right information. If you need anything, (I.E Credentials) just let me know.

UPDATE: I tried to edit my other comments I failed, please get all information from this one. @ChrisPAR I tried to go to the website with my domain/phpmailer, I got a page that it does not exist so I messed up. @UnknownLolz I am not sure if I am using either, that’s why I want admin to login and help me out. Please give me an email of some sort so I can private message you my information.

@omarionr said:
UPDATE: I tried to edit my other comments I failed, please get all information from this one. @ChrisPAR I tried to go to the website with my domain/phpmailer, I got a page that it does not exist so I messed up. @UnknownLolz I am not sure if I am using either, that’s why I want admin to login and help me out. Please give me an email of some sort so I can private message you my information.

Did you use the FTP credentials correctly?
You can see your FTP credentials on the Control Panel.

**Note: Your client area is not your FTP username. Your FTP username should be like this: epizy_12345678 and your password is the password that you use to login on the InfinityFree Client Area

Yes, I typed everything in correctly. It signed me in through the FileZilla servers. The port is 21, I used the epizy_ username and my cPanel password.

@omarionr said:
It signed me in through the FileZilla servers.

It did not signed you in on the FileZilla’s servers, you have been signed in to InfinityFree’s servers.

Also I do not know how you can send all mails through gmail smtp domain some code stuffs.
You should consider using some systems like WordPress cause it has a plugin that you can install that will send any mail through smtp.

@omarionr I checked your account and I see you’ve uploaded PHPMailer, but I don’t see any script where you used it. Where did you put the file which is supposed to send the email?

I see you have a folder outside your htdocs folder. Did you try to upload the files there? Because you can’t upload files outside htdocs folders.

Hey Admin!,

I logged in and it’s no longer a file in /mailer files. I’m not sure how it disappeared but I would be happy to create another one. I will message here when I am done!

@UnknownLolz I installed it, how can I send emails through it?

I installed Roundcube, but Im getting connection to storage failed.

UPDATE: I have successfully signed in! I am using Office 365 imap and smtp servers. Strange error came up when sending emails, Cannot connect to SMTP? What that mean? I will double check the servers and will let you all know what happens nextt @UnknownLolz Thanks much for suggesting WordPress!

@omarionr said:
UPDATE: I have successfully signed in! I am using Office 365 imap and smtp servers. Strange error came up when sending emails, Cannot connect to SMTP? What that mean? I will double check the servers and will let you all know what happens nextt @UnknownLolz Thanks much for suggesting WordPress!

What it means is that your site or your smtp configuration does not match your password/username.

Please double check if you insert the right configuration.

I made sure everything and it connected. I was researching this and many people are having this SMTP problem with Office365. It’s actually something I have to disable in the cPanel but I am trying to figure out what it is.

@omarionr said:
I made sure everything and it connected. I was researching this and many people are having this SMTP problem with Office365. It’s actually something I have to disable in the cPanel but I am trying to figure out what it is.

Could you please tell me what Plugin are you using to send email?

I am using Softaculous. And I downloaded Roundcube, set it up on Office 365 servers because I have a 365 account, I get all emails, but can’t send outgoing emails. (SMTP)

@omarionr said:
I am using Softaculous. And I downloaded Roundcube, set it up on Office 365 servers because I have a 365 account, I get all emails, but can’t send outgoing emails. (SMTP)

In the roundcube installation page, did you put your proper SMTP configuration?
Like smtp.provider.com
And please make sure you choose the right encryption in the installation page, cause if you choose TLS and your provider doesn’t support it, then it won’t work.