Download file from FTP of website is only 9KB / S

My website URL is: watermelon.epizy.com

What I’m seeing is: ftp

I’m using this software: Download file from FTP of website is only 9KB / S

**Additional information: Downloading files from my FTP is very slow, even 9 KB / s. I can’t connect to your FTP address through FTP tool. The software always shows the connection timeout, so I can’t continue my work!!! Thank you for helping me with this problem. **

Throughput speeds are quite easy to measure on large files which can be streamed all at once. Websites, on the other hand, are comprised of a many small files. Even if the files can be downloaded with many MBs per second, the fact that every you have to negotiate the download of every file with the FTP server, means that any download can take hundreds of milliseconds to set up before the first byte of content is transferred.

Judging by your name, I’ll take a rough guess and assume you’re not in Europe, where our servers are located. So you’ll probably experience high latency to our FTP servers, which makes transferring many files quite slow. Sadly, we’re limited by the laws of physics here, so there is not much we can do to speed that up.

3 Likes

I am in China. The speed here is not very optimistic. Can you tell me some solutions

Connecting your website to cloudflare might help the speed

For browsing performance, Cloudflare can help, yes. But Cloudflare doesn’t handle FTP connections, so that won’t work.

Unfortunately, there isn’t an easy way to make FTP transfers faster. All I can think of is making sure you are on a fully wired connection (no WiFi or mobile network). Beyond that, moving to a location with a lower latency to the UK would be most effective, but that’s not really a solution, of course.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.