DNS query refused

Dear Infinityfree coleagues,

I am very disapointed about the error when trying to configure the DNS for my domain from Registro.br.

“The custom domain is not pointing to our nameservers!”

I called the company Registro.br and they say clearly the root cause is at Infinityfree side, where they need to receive the server response to accept the new DNS configuration.

It is like the chicken and egg dilema, one side should release something in order to the system start working.

I did a long research for the best hosting provider until I decide for the Infinityfree… and now I am not able to use the service with my domain.
It should not be like this, there must be a way to solve it.
Please, need your help!

Best regards

Welcome!

Unfortunately, .com.br domains cannot be hosted here due to restrictions by the registry.

4 Likes

Ohhh, this is more than disappointing. I paid for the domain and I would like to use it here.
Is there a chance to use some kind of redirection service to overcome this restriction?

Unfortunately there is no work around for this. You can try asking your registrar to remove the requirement, but I think it is forced by the registry for the .com.br domain, so its probably not possible.

3 Likes

If I use Cloudfare in the middle, any chance to work?

No, because you need to set the nameservers to ours in order to use Cloudflare.

2 Likes

Try setting your nameservers to Cloudflare’s and then setting the NS records to InfinityFree’s nameservers. I’ve used it with subdomains of my domain so I know it works, but I don’t know if it will work with the main domain or with your domain at all since the check is enforced by the registrar.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.