Dns_probe_finished_nxdomain

http://esperanzacleaningservicesmd.epizy.com/

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in esperanzacleaningservicesmd.epizy.com.

• If spelling is correct, [try running Windows Network Diagnostics](javascript:diagnoseErrors()).
    DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

I am super new to all this and had the website up and running. It is literally 2 pages. Page 1 is an intro with 3 images, an 3 buttons. All buttons point to page 2. Page 2 is the PHP Gmail contact form walk thru.

been up for a few days now. Yesterday I added SSL and that succeeded and worked well. Today i visited it and it too was working. Then all of a sudden it stopped working. I was trying to modify the page 2 to add some more buttons. but reverted it back to the original. I did not touch page 1 though and that still does not load which I would think it would.

I saw some help topics but not sure the nameserver thing applies to me and I couldn’t find where to change it. I also tried visiting on my phone. so it is not isolated to my laptop

Is there something that happens with infinityfree? I saw some say clear cache, other drop the site and reload it. Is this something i may wake up in the morning and issue is gone?

1 Like

Hello! It looks like there may be a temporary outage on the server you are on. Can you please provide the domain name from your account (Found in the client area) to we can double-check?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Your website is working for me, try clear your cache.

Yup, working

3 Likes
qsdj9ihu.epizy.com

I am surprised the guy below can see it. I still cant reach on laptop or phone

Please note that due to DNS caching it can take up to 72 hours for your site to be visible everywhere.

Note the “everywhere” part. It’s possible that your site works on one device but not on another.

2 Likes

did account get reset? I didn’t just create it. it has been live a couple days. I was looking at the webpage at 7pm and at 8pm it went dark

Let me state again very clearly:

Your account is just over 36 hours old. So issues like this are normal.

So please wait for the entire 72 hours to pass. Any issues you experience before then are 99% guaranteed to be DNS cache related and will fix themselves over time.

2 Likes

What do you mean by clear cache. I tried it. both in the webbrowser and also using command line ipconfig /flushdns. Is there another cache you are referring to

Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) may also store a DNS cache. You can probably contact them to have it flushed, but it will probably not happen, as most providers do it every 72 hours (3 days).

2 Likes

3 days? it does appear to be something with my internet. If i take phone off internet and run LTE, i can see website. If i tak emy laptop to work, off my wifi, i can ifnd the website. It seems all devices connected to my wifi are effected solely when connected to wifi. And i agree, i doubt they will flush my dns for me.

I tried rebooting my router, does my modem hold dns cache that could be effected me? maybe i should restart the modem?

1 Like

The router will do nothing. Try restarting your modem.

1 Like

you sir thank you

2 Likes

I find it hard to imagine that any ISP will have level 1 support techs who can just clear the cache of their DNS resolvers. I’m pretty sure they either won’t help you at all because “that’s an issue with your website, contact your hosting provider” or “the cache is cleared automatically, please just wait”.

Cache also has a purpose. They are not going to wipe everything for all their customers because one of their tens/hundreds of thousands (or more) of their customers asks them to.

Most providers just respect the TTL of the DNS records, which is generally 24 hours. But we usually say 72 hours, because:

• Some providers cache DNS records for much longer than requested by the nameservers.
  • Layered cache (having cache at your ISP and on your computer for example) can result in old cache getting cached again and making everything slower.

In many cases, it will be less than 24 hours. But sometimes it will also be longer than that. But within 72 hours, you can be 99.9% sure all DNS cache issues have passed.

The DNS cache is in the servers of your ISP. Rebooting routers, modems, switches, computers or anything like that is not going to help because the cache isn’t in your home.

Please read the article I linked to. It explains various workarounds. Like configuring your device (or router) to use a different, faster DNS resolver like those from Cloudflare or Google. That’s basically the only way to get rid of your ISP’s DNS.

3 Likes

Actually the modem reboot did the trick. Not trying to dismiss anything that you said as it all is accurate.

1 Like

Hmm, now that you mention it, it is possible for a modem or a router to have it’s own DNS cache as well. In the end, the router tells devices on the network which DNS resolver to use. What I see myself is that it’s usually an external DNS resolver operated by the ISP, but it could well be a resolver in the modem or router.

I wouldn’t write down “reboot your modem/router” in the standard instructions to fix the issue, but it makes perfect sense as to why it would work in some cases.

1 Like

Most of the routers I had saves approx 50 last DNS records, but never longer than three days in my cases (to save time and web pages you visit often to open faster),
but the DNS cache list is not visible unless you have admin access.

A simple solution - if you want to make sure your site works is to add www. in front
of the address you type in the browser ( or without it if you have previously typed with it )
because www is treated as a separate domain (subdomain) and then it will look for a new DNS record and in most cases display successfully (bypass the existing router cache).

Complications are also possible in what I stated above when, for example, you have a WordPress or something similar that has a base URL,
so when you visit the www variant it will quickly go back to naked (or vice versa)
because that’s how it is defined in code (301 redirect),
but at least in the browser dev tools (network card) you should see Remote IP
from hosting before redirection starts and again know it’s OK
(or incorrect IP so you know there is a problem somewhere in the DNS cache).

I say this only as a reason to determine if there is a DNS cache somewhere (but also a browser cache) when comparing these two address variants.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.