Discord Embed

I have a question: is it possible to do this with my domain as shown in the example in the picture? I don’t have a custom domain right now, you have 2 options and I wanted to ask how you can do that. Picture 2 is my code

IMG_4060

and

sorry for links i can´t upload somehow the image

Converted to images -GR9

Not without a custom domain, no. Discord is blocked from getting the information it needs about the page:

5 Likes

oh i understad is there a way to get one for free i heard that Freenom has problems and i don´t have a plan how to get one ;(

I can ask why it’s not possible with a domain that you can get for free. I’m very new and only found out from a friend that you have free web hosting?

you can apply to https://nic.eu.org to get a free domain name, its free for life but registration can take days to months and in a few cases more than a year !

it took me months to get my https://lovebyte.eu.org but it was worth the wait for a free lifetime domain name :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

you might as well sign up for one as you might get really lucky and get it quickly but even if it comes late its worth the wait

1 Like

i don´t think it works with subdomains

well i don´t think it works

what i mean by that it´s an sub domain

my website is free on infinityfree

I signed up for a free domain name on eu.org and parked it to my infinityfree hosting

I also added ssl for https

and free ddos protection from cloudflare too

and with all that the security protection is bypassed so you can embed / hotlink images / run api’s etc

it does work :smiley:

3 Likes

would be amazing if u could try it out with the embed thing

if u have time

i’ll have to temporary turn off ddos protection but yeah i’ll give it a try

well the link shows the info from my site

if there is a better way please let me know what to do thanks

btw I turned off ‘i am under attack’ mode in cloudflare but I dont think it was really
necessary to do so

— edit —

it looks like cloudflares under attack mode is too strong and prevents discord from showing the site information

3 Likes

oh I just saw this, didnt know about this

it looks like a lot of work, i’ll try when I have some spare time

thank u might u have also an idea about .env files because they not work ig what a shame because my website is using an specific api key what should not get publick

infinityfree’s free webhosting only allows files to be stored in the public htdocs directory or sub-directories which is a bad place for your .env files

but I think if you put them into sub-directory within htdocs and then create a .htaccess file within that sub-directory containing the line

Deny from all

then this should prevent access to your private information via web access but php code running on your site will still be able to access the data

I hope that might help ?

2 Likes

Why not?

.env files are not a good way to securely store secret data. Storing the configuration in PHP files is more secure as you don’t need to setup .htaccess rules to prevent the server from showing the contents of the file.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.