Directory Listing

Hello, after i publish My Website it says congradulation your site is published. but it doesn’t load my page it loads infintyfree congradulation page again and again. In that page it says delete index.html from htdocs and i delete it from there and publish the web again but now it sais “Directory listing” and shows the htdocs folder contains. So what should i do to Solve this problem

I saw your reply (You need a file called index.php or index.html which has your main page. Called the file anything else means it will not be recognized as the main file of the folder )
but i do not understand, Could you please help me by steps because i am not a programmer and i tried to understand what did you mean but i didnt, Please Help
Thank You

just upload the file and then go to Buying and selling domains by experts | Hire a broker today! | Sedo

which file should i upload
index.html ? i deleted it

@knaitas said:
just upload the file and then go to You are being redirected...

which file should i upload
index.html ? i deleted it

I think the first question you need to answer is: If you don’t want people to see the directory listing, what do you want them to see?

In either case, you’ll need to create a text file called index.html (if you only have HTML codes) or index.php (if it contains PHP code as well as HTML) and fill it with whatever content you want to show.

Alternatively, using the site builder or Softaculous to install a script to the main folder of the domain would work too.

Thanks for replying , Actually i do use the site builder, i dont have html codes or php so this problem appears after publish the website from the site buider> @Admin said:

I think the first question you need to answer is: If you don’t want people to see the directory listing, what do you want them to see?

In either case, you’ll need to create a text file called index.html (if you only have HTML codes) or index.php (if it contains PHP code as well as HTML) and fill it with whatever content you want to show.

Alternatively, using the site builder or Softaculous to install a script to the main folder of the domain would work too.

How did you publish the website exactly? Download the backup from the website builder and upload it? Because you should use the Publish button from the sitebuilder.

yes i did i pressed the publish button million time , i got the congratulations page , i thaght that its because its new website . i waited 3 days and its the same, i tried to understand what this page says , i downloaded the FTP and the filezilla i tried to delete the index.html or .php and i got the directory listing page

@Admin said:
How did you publish the website exactly? Download the backup from the website builder and upload it? Because you should use the Publish button from the sitebuilder.

yes i did i pressed the publish button Million times , I got the congratulations page , I thought that its because its new website . I waited 3 days and its the same, i tried to understand what this page says , i downloaded the FTP and the filezilla, I tried to delete the index.html or .php and i got the directory listing page

The reason your website isn’t being published is because it’s being published to the wrong account. Try to add the site builder again through the client area and this time select the correct account.

@Admin said:
The reason your website isn’t being published is because it’s being published to the wrong account. Try to add the site builder again through the client area and this time select the correct account.

Yes Yes I DID IT FINALLY, THANK YOU SO MUCH