Destination Host Unreachable

Website URL

eurolegal.epizy.com

Error Message

Destination Host Unreachable

Other Information

What is the cause of this disservice?

Where do you see this error? Your website just loads a blank screen for me.

4 Likes

For me it throws a HTTP ERROR 500, so please read this article to know how to enable Display Errors:

Also please note that, if you created the website recently, it might take up to 72 hours for it to be available on your side due to DNS caching:

6 Likes

http://eurolegal.epizy.com/index2.html works
http://eurolegal.epizy.com/index.php not
My CMS is E107.

I’ve read this Admin’s post: “We are currently upgrading all servers from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.2. If your website’s code is not compatible with PHP 8.2, it may break. To fix it, you’ll need to update your website software to a version that supports PHP 8.2. And if you wrote the code yourself, you’ll have to update the code yourself too”.

Is this the cause of the disservice?

Maybe; we can’t be sure as “HTTP Error 500” is too generic. Have you enabled display errors and any debug settings as shared in the article above by @JxstErg1?

Looking at the project, I can see that the last release was on April 8, 2022, but the project seems to be actively developed, so perhaps they’ll make a new release soon, or you can try upgrading to the developer version and see if it works.

5 Likes

The cause of the disservice is the transition to PHP 8.2.
I tried to install the new full version of e107 (2.3.2) and it works but the content of the old site is lost. Now I don’t know whether to move to another CMS or wait for the e107 upgrade (not the new full installation).

Hmm, if the latest version of e107 works with PHP 8.2, then shouldn’t you also be able to upgrade the existing site to the latest version of the CMS to fix it?

If that doesn’t do it, please make sure to check the plugins and themes you have installed. If those don’t work with PHP 8.2, that may also cause your site to break. So you may want to make sure that those are running the latest version too, or try disabling them to see if that fixes your site.

4 Likes

I’m thinking of either dropping e107 or dropping epizy.com.
After years of honorable service, both e107 and epizy.com cannot compare with other CMS and other hosting services. I haven’t decided yet and I welcome suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.