Deleting MX Records with free account

Hello,

I’m trying to use Zoho so I can use a contact form on my website (I have a free membership here at InfinityFree). And I’m having trouble with the process. I can send emails from my Zoho created account, but I can’t receive any email. I’ve read it’s possible that the problem it’s because I have an extra MX Record here at InfinityFree, and I only should have the MX Records from Zoho. But when I try to delete the extra MX Record (named: mx.byetcluster.com.) I get this error:

“Error #459346986 Please contact supportMX Records can not be altered on subdomains”

Is there any way I can make this work? I’m really having a hard time trying to figure out a way of making a contact form to work on my website, and it seems it’s really impossible with free hosting accounts.

Help is really appreciated. Thank you.

I agree the error is a bit weird, although I can assure you there is nothing to worry about. I have checked the MX record for your account, and note that the record with the mx.byetcuster.com MX record is actually a different subdomain (a subdomain automatically generated when your account was created) so it won’t affect the MX records of your real account domain. Your website domain only contains the MX records for Zoho.

Yeah, i get the same error, zoho cant verify my MX records. even though i filled them in correctly.

@Rodehaas said:
Yeah, i get the same error, zoho cant verify my MX records. even though i filled them in correctly.

now i cant even reach the verifiaction screen, zoho is a mess.

@Rodehaas said:

The MX records look fine from here. Either the DNS hasn’t propagated yet for Zoho or their system is broken completely. There is nothing more you can do from your hosting account.