Delete subdomain to add another subdomain for current website but It can't work anymore

hello guys ,

I’m newbie , today I want to change subdomain for current website but when I delete current subdomain to use another subdomain , I check it’s not available. after that, I add old subdomain but It’s gone, shown in pic. Help me ! what’s going on ?

After deleting and readding the domain the domain root will have changed and thus you have to move the old files in /htdocs to the new location.

If you are uncertain about where your domain is located now, go to Client Area, then go to current Account > Domains.

5 Likes

thanks ! I already take my website back. I have one more question that can I duplicate websites with subdomains in the same account ?

@mrdavid I will ask you to stop using this

Especially since you saw that I already removed it once in your last topic

It doesn’t matter at all whether you are a pro, a newbie or an IT engineer…
In addition, the unnecessary use of special characters in the titles < >

Thank you for understanding

You can have as many identical websites as you want
just take into account two things:

1. Google (and other search engines) will index those websites and you will get several identical results, which can then confuse users or you will receive negative points from Google because they might think that it is cheating or a copyright violation and everything else related to that.

2. The more websites you have in the same hosting account, the greater the chances of suspension due to HITS and other limits
    so it’s better to divide it into 3 hosting accs that you have at your disposal

7 Likes

thank you ! it’s clear to me. I will not use special characters for next topic.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.