Database connection problem - please advise!

Hi, I’m trying to setup my forums for a project but whenever I enter the DB credentials into my config file this always comes up

Screenshot by Lightshot

I’ve deleted and created a new database like 4 times, only to get the same result. I even deleted the files from htdocs and re-uploaded them to see if that’d change anything, but no luck there either.

Please help!

Yes, I’m entering the correct connection information

EDIT: NEVERMIND I GOT IT TO WORK.

SECOND EDIT: NEVERMIND THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN SAME MESSAGE AS THE SCREENSHOT ABOVE.

@Digital said:
Hi, I’m trying to setup my forums for a project but whenever I enter the DB credentials into my config file this always comes up

Screenshot by Lightshot

I’ve deleted and created a new database like 4 times, only to get the same result. I even deleted the files from htdocs and re-uploaded them to see if that’d change anything, but no luck there either.

Please help!

@Digital said:
SECOND EDIT: NEVERMIND THIS IS HAPPENING AGAIN SAME MESSAGE AS THE SCREENSHOT ABOVE.

Possible Reasons are maybe you entered localhost instead of provided mysql database hostname, maybe user permissions are not properly provided to database user for database on which you are installing forums.

By taking a look at the above screenshot it seems like permission to database user is not provided for database or you are using a wrong password. Double check the credentials.

Does your problem share similarity like this one?

@MAHOfficial said:

@Digital said:

Screenshot by Lightshot

Please help!

@Digital said:

Possible Reasons are maybe you entered localhost instead of provided mysql database hostname, maybe user permissions are not properly provided to database user for database on which you are installing forums.

By taking a look at the above screenshot it seems like permission to database user is not provided for database or you are using a wrong password. Double check the credentials.

don’t think so lol.

@Joo_Nath said:
Does your problem share similarity like this one?

actually managed to fix it again. I don’t know, seems like an on and off issue for the software I’m using.