Custom Subdomain with Cloudflare

Hello, I have already setup my domain with Cloudflare using the IPv4 address of IF, and I went onto the vPanel and created a subdomain, how can I route it through Cloudflare, as the subdomain wouldn’t load. Should I use a CNAME or how could I find the IPv4 for it? Thanks

Hey there, if you want to add your subdomain to your cloudflare, you can create a A record and point your subdomain to the same IP address. For an example. sub to 168.223.32.1

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem to work…

What is your subdomain?

Take note that there is some time for DNS to propagate:

3 Likes

Could you please provide me the domain name with the your subdomain?

1 Like

my site is spse.xyz, hosted using IF
Subdomain created in vPanel called cg.spse.xyz, error shows

This site can’t provide a secure connection

cg.spse.xyz sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Make sure that you have enabled CloudFlare proxy (orange cloud means it is enabled) and have configured settings to use https.

5 Likes

It’s working for me, and you are getting a SSL certificate error. You must install a certificate to be able to access your site.

5 Likes

that’s is correct

Already installed for SPSE.xyz, but not cg.spse.xyz, do I need to do that again?

You have to install another one for cg.spse.xyz too

4 Likes

Just installed it, still doesn’t work. Can anyone see if it works on theirs too?

cg.spse.xyz

thanks

Did you request a new certificate for cg.spse.xyz and install that?

If so, you might need to wait a bit for Cloudflare to recognise it - or validate it was installed correctly in the control panel.

6 Likes

It works now, you can upload your website files.

5 Likes

Thank you for everyone who helped me with this issue. Issue solved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.