Configured Uploading...

Today, I was wondering if InfinityFree has some type of Configured Uploading like when the files uploaded earlier can be uploaded… A Scheduled Upload. The reason I was thinking about this is because, my team has an update for the Site rolling out along with the App Update rolling out, and we want them to be at the same time. Can this by any chance be added or can I do it, if not what’s a possible solution other then uploading them manually?

We don’t have any automated website deployment system. However, you could automate an FTP push from elsewhere. Like a script on your own computer you can call which pushes both the new app and the new website.

@Admin said:
We don’t have any automated website deployment system. However, you could automate an FTP push from elsewhere. Like a script on your own computer you can call which pushes both the new app and the new website.

Sounds risky :trollface:, JK… I’ll see what I can do, thanks.

@Amplify-Infinity said:

@Admin said:

Sounds risky :trollface:, JK… I’ll see what I can do, thanks.

How so? Why would running the script elsewhere be any more dangerous than having a scheduled upload here?

If you want to avoid risk, you could see if it’s possible make your software compatible with multiple versions. Like having website code which is compatible with the new version and the current version of the app. Then you can deploy the website first. If it goes wrong, you can roll it back without breaking the app. Once you’re sure the website is running smoothly, you can update the app. And again, you can easily revert to a previous version of the app if the website can support both versions.