Cname

Hey,

I don’t want to change the DNS Server of my Domain so I want to validate it with the CNAME Validation. But it doesnt work. I checked it few times on dns.google.com and I get this answer:
https://dns.google/resolve?name=3a5ad5f9ce05a96a8d363db992bd031f.temporalnetwork.de&type=CNAME

Can you screenshot the DNS record with your current zone provider?

6 Likes

Hmm, I contacted them and they checked it a few times but here is a screenshot:

Google’s response seems to be okay for me:

"Answer":[{"name":"3a5ad5f9ce05a96a8d363db992bd031f.temporalnetwork.de.","type":5,"TTL":300,"data":"ns1.byet.org."}]
5 Likes

Yeah but I get this:

How long have you been waiting?

7 Likes

I am waiting since 25 minutes.

I see. Well, according to the article I linked, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be updated everywhere and recognized by the system, so check in every now and then to see if it has been updated.

10 Likes

Okay I check it tomorrow.

1 Like

You can also try adding it in the control panel. I am not sure how the client area integration works, but it may add an additional delay.

6 Likes

Even if the client area doesn’t show the CNAME record as set up, you can just hit the Add Domain button and the request will be sent to the control panel.

The control panel has it’s own domain validation, so sometimes you can add a domain when the client area says it’s not ready yet, or not add the domain even though the client area says it should work.

Both the client area and the control panel are subject to DNS caching. But due to how DNS caching works, different systems can show different results.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.