Cloudflare and manual dns management

@MrJunior said:
I need to set up domain and subdomain without changing nameservers to infinityfree’s.

You will need to change your namservers to cloudflare ones, not infinityfrees!
And also it will be no problem for your domain, don’t worry.

I already changed to cloudflare ones as needed, not infinityfrees!
And also it being not no problem for my domain, i’m worried.

@Admin said:

@MrJunior said:
Ops, sorry then.
And, the subdomains and cloudflare should work fine?

Yes, if you add the subdomain through your control panel and then add the appropriate DNS record to Cloudflare it will work fine.
Are you really so sure Admin? It seems like it is not working with @MrJunior

@MrJunior said:
I already changed to cloudflare ones as needed, not infinityfrees!
And also it being not no problem for my domain, i’m worried.
First thing you need to understand is a primary domain name and a secondary (sub) domain.

Primary domains are level access roots (or as I refer to them a corporate manner) like: example.com

Secondary (sub) domains are secondary level access roots (sub roots) like: **sub.**example.com

When establishing your primary domain (example.com) on Cloudflare you have to have your domain providers Name Servers set to InfinityFree’s Name Servers ns1.epizy.com and ns2.epizy.com.

After you go through the Cloudflare settings to establish your primary domain (example.com) then you go back to your domain providers Name Servers and change them to the Name Servers provided by Cloudflare.

After that’s setup it should auto populate your DNS Records as previously set by your Epizy Name Servers (it does it for me sometimes) if it doesn’t auto populate your DNS Records then follow the link above about finding your IP Address.

After you successfully establish your primary domain (example.com) you can then set an A Record for your sub domain (**sub.**example.com).

Then go to your InfinityFree Dashboard and setup your “Sub Domain” by typing the name of your A Record (sub) then once it’s completed InfinityFree will generate you another root folder (**sub.**example.com) and there’s an htdocs folder inside that where you’ll put your websites files.

After that go to your sub domain (**sub.**example.com) and it’ll load your new secondary level access root website.

That’s as “to the point” I think anyone on the forums can help you get.

Please, don’t hesitate to let us know if you run into anymore issues. Just, please take your time and try to figure it out. If you do need further assistance, please provide the sub domain link you’re trying to create so we can help you further.

1 Like

@Friendifie-Inc I can call that way “Just a harder way to set up A record” I’d to do that via CNAME, to avoid problems with IP changing
@Admin can i finally get some help tho"

@MrJunior said:
@Friendifie-Inc I can call that way “Just a harder way to set up A record” I’d to do that via CNAME, to avoid problems with IP changing
@Admin can i finally get some help tho"

Hi,
What kind of help might you be needing?

@UnknownLolz said:
Hi,
What kind of help might you be needing?
I think he’s just being negative because he still hasn’t gotten screenshot set by step instructions how to resolve his domain error. A lot of domain “know how” from someone who can’t even serve his own.

The simplest explain of the problem: i can’t set up CNAME record right. I tried to do that like it explained https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/. But nope, site just unavailable.

@Friendifie-Inc I tried your way baby. mrjunior.cf. I can give screenshot that cloudflare shows me A record DNS. Not CNAME that i looking for.

UPD: btw, cloudflare ignores my site and not doing any things to this. But it says like “we did it and everything works”, but nope.

@MrJunior said:
The simplest explain of the problem: i can’t set up CNAME record right. I tried to do that like it explained https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/. But nope, site just unavailable.

Actually it would be more convenient for you to create an A record since it’s more good in my opinion…

My steps:

1. Go to Cloudflare DNS Settings
  2. Find your website IP
  3. Paste that website IP on the record.

Also I may create a screenshot just for you if I have time. I can not really elaborately explain so sorry… So thats why I’m going to create a screenshot so that you can better understand.

@UnknownLolz
I’ll commit suicide faster than forum members will help me.
I said that i need CNAME record.
I said why i need that.
I don’t need your recommendations…

@MrJunior said:
@UnknownLolz
I’ll commit suicide faster than forum members will help me.
I said that i need CNAME record.
I said why i need that.
I don’t need your recommendations…

Sure @MrJunior I will stop my recommendations (I’d not know you much so I don’t know if you like recommendations).
So?
How were you actually setting your cname record?
Can you give me screenshot on your settings?

And also cname might take some time to propagate.

I already gave information you’re asking for. And yes, passed enough much time to say that it isn’t working. You can find the screenshot of record in this topic…
@UnknownLolz

@MrJunior said:
I already gave information you’re asking for. And yes, passed enough much time to say that it isn’t working. You can find the screenshot of record in this topic…
@UnknownLolz

If you don’t mind, I’ll be going to ask more questions to help you.
I have lookup on your domain but it looks like you don’t have a cname record published yet, So did you delete your previous record that you have made?

Yes, as i said a few posts above, i’ve tried the way @Friendifie-Inc said to me. I’ll change it to CNAME in minute…

@MrJunior said:
Yes, as i said a few posts above, i’ve tried the way @Friendifie-Inc said to me. I’ll change it to CNAME in minute…

I’m still waiting for your dns to propagate.
So can you show me all of your A records?

I’m sorry, for a some technical issues wasn’t able to do anything.
CNAME record is actually on.

@MrJunior said:
I’m sorry, for a some technical issues wasn’t able to do anything.
CNAME record is actually on.

When I visit your website, it wasn’t actually offline but is actually having an error: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH
Meaning that you might have turned on Full SSL (Strict) and this will happen if you haven’t installed an origin certificate on your origin website and turn on Full SSL (Strict).

mrjunior.cf
Are you sure? I getting redirected to suspendeddomain.org

UPD: i think i’ve found the problem

@MrJunior said:
mrjunior.cf
Are you sure? I getting redirected to suspendeddomain.org

UPD: i think i’ve found the problem

Yes, I’m sure!
I used 2 browsers (Yandex and Chrome) and cleared browser cache and all has the same result.