Changing htdocs folder gone wrong

My initial domain of livelifefully.ga had a problem so I decided to download the htdocs folder with files using ftp to my computer.
I decided to create a new account of livelifefully.free.nf domain, then I deleted the htdocs folder from its file manager and I uploaded the htdocs that I downloaded to my computer. I thought my website will be up and running with the new domain but nothing. Intact I cannot be able to access the wp-admin of livelifefully.free.nf. And also I get the error message below when I try loading livelifefully.free.nf.

“This page isn’t workinglivelifefully.free.nf is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500”

What have I done wrong or what should I do

Please read

Do not do that

This should help

Everything?

Please read carefully before attempting anything

5 Likes

Can you please take the following steps for me?

Login to the client area
Click on “Domain Checker” from the main nav menu
Enter your domain name (workinglivelifefully.free.nf ) and click submit
Screenshot the result and post it here

Then, open the file manager, and try and see if you can locate the “Root Directory” that is displayed in the domain checker. If you can’t find it, try creating it.

4 Likes

I have uploaded the screenshot. What root directory are you referring to?

Screenshot of my file manager

With “Root Directory” he meant the Website Folder. From the first File Manager I see there is an htdocs folder, so it’s there!

Try to upload the website files again, but don’t use the File Manager to do so if there are too many files or the website is too heavy; instead use an FTP client (here is a guide for setting up one).

If it still gives an HTTP ERROR 500 after doing that, perhaps your WordPress installation is corrupted:

And when you update WordPress, take note of this as well:

8 Likes

I have started the whole process again. Uninstalled wordpress and installed it back again. However my question is can it be possible for two accounts with the same htdocs files be running at the same time.
Maybe that would be the cause of all my problems

I don’t quite get it but I think it isn’t possible. Two accounts don’t share their files.

But if you mean domains then yes, you can park a domain onto another domain. (But you can only park custom domains onto another. Free subdomains don’t work.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.