Can't use file manager and can't change password

Hi there. I tried first to use auto-generated hosting pass and connect FTP with FileZilla but it was unsuccsefful with this error:

Command:	PASS ***********
Response: 	530 Login authentication failed

Then i tried to use file manager from the Cpanel, couldn’t login neither.

Then i tried to change my hosting password. It said that password has been changed, but on the account info screen i still see my old password.

Thanks.

@katalonian said:
Hi there. I tried first to use auto-generated hosting pass and connect FTP with FileZilla but it was unsuccsefful with this error:

Then i tried to change my hosting password. It said that password has been changed, but on the account info screen i still see my old password.

Thanks.

The File Manager works for me, can you try again after you have cleared your cache?
You can also use the File Manager present in Client Area, it is different from the Cpanel one.

Where did you change your hosting password?
Right now there are two passwords:

1. The Client Area one, which can be changed from Profile - Edit Profile and will not affect your hosting.
  2. The Cpanel one, which can be changed by:
    Clicking “Manage Account” next to the account you want to change the password on.
    Go to “Account Settings”
    Put the new password and save it.

Which one did you use? Remember that your client area password is probably different from your Cpanel one, except if you have put the same password for it manually.

As for the FTP, I suggest you see this: https://infinityfree.net/support/i-cannot-connect-to-ftp/

@ChrisPAR I changed the password for the hosting, not for the account.

Anyway, i realised that when you actually change your password, the system does change it, but i still see my old system-generated password on my account info.

And of course, i cleared cache and cookies, nothing helps to fix this. So, i would say that this is a bug.

I was able to login to my cPanel with the new password and run the online File Manager (from cPanel or client area).

But i’m still unable to connect to FTP from FileZilla with the same credentials as i used for logging in to cPanel or online file manager.

UPD:

I just read here on forums that if you actually type your password manually to the FTP software (filezilla in my case) it will work, and it did! I just logged in to my FTP my typing password manually.

But the bug with an old-generated password that doesn’t update on account info page is still there.

@katalonian said:

Thanks.

Oops, it looks like there was a bug which made that the password was updated on the hosting server but not on the client area. A fix is being deployed as we speak.

@Admin please let us know once fix is live. Thanks!

@katalonian said:
@Admin please let us know once fix is live. Thanks!

The fix was already live. I said the “fix is being deployed as we speak”. And a deployment takes about 10 minutes.

@Admin haha, sorry, misunderstood! It works indeed. Thanks :smile: