Can't upload Duplicator image

Website URL

f2fmus.top
(please specify the URL of the site on which you are experiencing the problem)

Error Message

(please share the FULL error message you see, if applicable)

Other Information

I cant upload my website image made by Duplicator plugin to your hosting. Ive tried web version of your ftp and FileZilla. Image is 1.9 gb size and it seems that’s the reason I can`t upload it. Please, help me to do this!
(other information and details relevant to your question)

Welcome to the forum! That’s quite a large image. You’re right that this is the reason, there is a 10MB file size limit:

You might want to consider alternative image storing options, perhaps storing them on a cloud service like Google Drive.

5 Likes

Whoa, that image is huge! What are you trying to do with it?

It will take your visitors multiple minutes to download an view that (In almost all cases), so you certainly should not be putting that on your website. What is it for, and can you compress it in any way?

3 Likes

I think there are also two or three Duplicator images of my site in this file. But I can’t remove them before I install this image on hosting to make the image smaller.

Hi Wishmasta,

By the term images, are those graphical images or data backup images? 1.9GB isn’t quite a typical image size we encounter per day, unless hyper-resolution maps or something that is supposed to be exported from Adobe.

2 Likes

These are data backups made in a WordPress plugin called Duplicator. I’ve already figured out that I can’t back up my site on your hosting due to ftp limitations. That is ok. I will make another website on your hosting. Thanks for trying to help!

This is not my hosting, but good to hear you have a solution!

1 Like

There are many reasons why we recommend against using backup plugins, and the massive and unwieldy backup files are one of them.

If you want to migrate your website, the most reliable way to do so is to just copy the entire WordPress installation. We’ve described this process here (specific for our hosting, but not WordPress):

WordPress’ instructions on how to move a site are pretty much the same:

This is easiest if you still have access to the original hosting account and website. If not, then you could choose to setup a local web server (with XAMPP or WAMP or something like that), import the backup there, and then migrate that site to our hosting.

4 Likes

Your answer was very helpful! I`m so used to use hosting providers so I almost forgot that I could set up a local hosting service and make all the necessary changes there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.