Can't login to roundcube

Hi all,
I have been trying to login to roundcube however, I keep getting a message saying login error. I have checked that my password and email is correct and still doesn’t work. I was wondering whether someone could please help me.

Hello.

As I do not have client account access privileges I think that @Admin could coordinate solving of this issue easier.

Mike

There was an issue with your account which has been resolved now. Please change your password and try to login again.

@Admin Nope, still not working. Why is this not working.

@redcoder said:
@Admin Nope, still not working. Why is this not working.

As far as I can see, it is working. I just tried to create a new webmail account which was working fine. Did you change the password of the webmail account? Can you access new webmail accounts?

@Admin Nope, still not working. Why is this not working?

@Admin Accidentally posted that above. When I try to login I get a error.

It looks like those email accounts have been corrupted and I don’t think it’s possible to restore access to them.

@Admin Ok so if I make a new one it should be fine?

@redcoder said:
@Admin Ok so if I make a new one it should be fine?

Have you tried it?

@Admin Yes, still did not work.

@redcoder said:
@Admin Yes, still did not work.

I just tried to create new email accounts on both your accounts and I was able to login to all of them without any problems. Are you sure you’re using the correct credentials?

@Admin Ah yes, I just tried again and still not working. Instead of just making new account could you just please fix it? Thank you.

@redcoder said:
@Admin Ah yes, I just tried again and still not working. Instead of just making new account could you just please fix it? Thank you.

Well, I don’t know what’s broken so I don’t know what to fix and I have limited options to actually make system changes to accounts (iFastNet does most of that stuff).

I try to login now and it say Terms of Use violation. @Admin

What is going on @Admin ? It has not been fixed nor have I had any reply.

@redcoder said:
I try to login now and it say Terms of Use violation.

Where do you see this? At no point does any of our copy ever say “terms of use violation”. And all review requests since yesterday afternoon have been processed and replied to already.

@Admin Now when I try to login with the right email and password it just says login failed.

@Admin Any word how this is going. It just says login failed now. Very very angry now.