Cannot create hosting account with subdomain

Website URL

abstractfactory.free.nf

Error Message

Your domain is not yet pointing to our nameservers ns1.infinityfree.com and ns2.infinityfree.com. Please change your nameservers at your domain name provider and wait a few hours for the changes to take effect. You can also create an account with a subdomain first.

Other Information

I’m trying to create an account to host a website for free, using a subdomain: abstractfactory.free.nf. It says it’s free, but on the last step when entering a password I get this error.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum

Try to wait an hour or two

8 Likes

Oh, alright; thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well this is unfortunately not working. It’s been 6 or 7h now. I’ll continue checking later, but if it doesn’t recover soon, I’ll have to look for other options.

I had something similar once, i tried to add a sub domain on the main intro page and it it returned an error a few times, so I went to the control panel of the specific account I was trying to add it to and added a subdomain there and it worked first time… Could be worth a go if you haven’t tried it already…

2 Likes

Unfortunately it will not work due to this

This is a hosting issue. You have to wait it out or use other free subdomains

4 Likes

Thank you for letting us know. It appears that there was a configuration issue with the nameservers of the domain free.nf. This did not cause any downtime for existing sites, but did make it impossible to a new account with a subdomain of free.nf.

The issue has been fixed now. But due to DNS caching, it can take a few hours before it’s possible to create accounts with free.nf subdomains again.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.