Cannot access website due to plug-in and SSL issues

fsservices.000.pe is the URL of the website.

Hello everyone, I cannot access my website and here is how and the context:

So I was setting up the WordPress plug-in Really Simple SSL but I accidentally pressed “forcefully find SSL certificate” or something similar like that, So now, Every time I visit my website, It redirects to the HTTPS version of the website instead of the HTTP version, Whilst the website has an issued SSL certificate, It hasn’t been set up yet certificate and the plug in is trying brute force it, I have no access to the WordPress dashboard, I can’t access my cPanel and I can’t access my FTP.

If anyone can help me, I will appreciate that.

Make sure you did these

I guess you have to wait for admin

4 Likes

These two aren’t affected by the plugin, can you share your error logs?

2 Likes

I checked your account, and it seems that the password of your account was modified outside of the client area. But account passwords are only pushed from the client area to the hosting platform, not the other way around, so if you change it through any other way than the Account Settings in the client area, the password shown in the client area will be incorrect, and the control panel and file manager login buttons won’t work either.

I’ve updated your hosting account with the password from the client area, so you should be able to login again with the password from the client area. This also means you can use all the automatic setup buttons provided by the Free SSL Certificates system.

6 Likes

Thank you for letting me in to my FTP and cPanel, I can access it now, But I am still unable to get to the WordPress dashboard, And I did set up the SSL certificate system now, It says the certificate is issued now.

This is expected as I am still seeing this

These still apply

4 Likes

I did get the free SSL Certificate that InfinityFree provides, I just need to stop the web browser from redirecting me from HTTPS, I know it sounds counter-intuitive but I need to access the WordPress dashboard to enable it.

Also, How do I access the article itself? It’s cut off.

Read here?

Click on down arrow to expand article

3 Likes

I believe your SSL redirection issue was caused by Really Simple SSL.
You need to disable the plugin by renaming it in the plugin folder.
Then check your .htaccess for any http to https redirection and remove it as well

3 Likes

Already did that…

I did find this inside the .htaccess txt file.

#BEGIN Really Simple SSL LETS ENCRYPT
RewriteRule ^.well-known/(.*)$ - [L]
#END Really Simple SSL LETS ENCRYPT

# BEGIN WordPress
# The directives (lines) between "BEGIN WordPress" and "END WordPress" are
# dynamically generated, and should only be modified via WordPress filters.
# Any changes to the directives between these markers will be overwritten.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Make sure you really disabled the Really Simple SSL plugin

Then comment this out

#BEGIN Really Simple SSL LETS ENCRYPT
#RewriteRule ^.well-known/(.*)$ - [L]
#END Really Simple SSL LETS ENCRYPT

This may help

4 Likes

I can finally access the WP dashboard, Thank you for your assistance.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.