Can not set Nameservers for my .lu domain since the test fails (dns.lu)

Hello the check on the nameservers nsX.byte.org fail and i can not update the record there. Also i can not add that domain here until the nameservers are set.

This is the error i get from my registry (restena.lu / dns.lu)

Check results
(Nameserver test failed)
INFO Nameserver test for domain todo.lu
HINT Nameserver ns1.byet.org at 198.251.86.152 (provided)
HINT Nameserver ns2.byet.org at 198.251.86.153 (provided)
HINT Nameserver ns3.byet.org at 185.27.134.7 (provided)
HINT Nameserver ns4.byet.org at 37.187.64.39 (provided)
HINT Nameserver ns5.byet.org at 198.251.86.154 (provided)
ERR [UDP] Query failed for nameserver ‘ns4.byet.org’ at address ‘37.187.64.39’ (Refused)
ERR [UDP] Query failed for nameserver ‘ns5.byet.org’ at address ‘198.251.86.154’ (Refused)
ERR [UDP] Query failed for nameserver ‘ns2.byet.org’ at address ‘198.251.86.153’ (Refused)
ERR [UDP] Query failed for nameserver ‘ns1.byet.org’ at address ‘198.251.86.152’ (Refused)
ERR [UDP] Query failed for nameserver ‘ns3.byet.org’ at address ‘185.27.134.7’ (Refused)
ERR No working authoritative nameserver found
ERR At least 2 nameservers required

Any idea what todo?

Best regards,

TT

The only thing I can recommend is to ask your registrar to set the nameservers anyways.

You encountered an unfortunate catch-22 here. Your registrar requires the nameservers to be configured before the domain name can be pointed to it, but our nameservers require the domain name to be pointed to the nameservers first before they can be configured.

We need to verify you can actually set the nameservers because we don’t want people to just add domains they don’t own to their accounts, so you must set the nameservers first. Your registrar just tries to help you to prevent setting bad nameservers, which is really unhelpful here. So you should ask them to see if they can circumvent it.

Hello, I asked them to configure the Nameservers but they said that this obligation to point to autorative / responding nameservers can not be worked eround. Here is what they replied but it is in French:

Catgorie: Rejet de donnes introduites
De: client my.lu
Date: 02 May 2017 10:40:55 CEST
Sujet: Re: Nameserver
Bonjour,

Malheureusement nous ne pourrons pas vous aider, la contrainte de serveurs DNS fonctionnels tant globale pour le .lu et non limite un seul registrar. Cette contrainte ne peut tre contourne.

Sauf dans le cas d’un nouveau nom de domaine la contrainte du fournisseur d’espace obligerait une interruption de service sous le nom de domaine lors d’une transition vers leurs services.
Il semblerait plus raisonnable dans leur cas de soit vrifier l’attribution du nom de domaine via donnes WHOIS ou effectuer une configuration limite dans le temps si la dlgation n’est pas mise en place (ils configurent le nom de domaine sur leurs serveurs et vous avez X heure pour paramtrer le nom de domaine).

Is it possible that i give you some proof i own the todo.lu domain and you set the domain in your nameservers? My email is in the Whois anyway. I would then set the Nameservers asap.

Best regards,

Tristan Thiltges

I’m sorry, but I can’t do that right now. Setting the nameservers is the only verification method available at the moment, and I cannot circumvent it. If your registrar can’t work around their verification either, it means you cannot use the domain.

Sorry for the weird formatting i tried to seperate the email i got with — text —

@Admin said:
I’m sorry, but I can’t do that right now. Setting the nameservers is the only verification method available at the moment, and I cannot circumvent it. If your registrar can’t work around their verification either, it means you cannot use the domain.

Well that is sad. I would think the configuration should follow the DNS hyrarchy so they should accept any dns nameserver i feed them: I tried a second request for this issue with them, hopefully the just edit the record and do what they are supposed to do for the money i pay them every year.

Regards and thak you for the fast reply,

TT