Can not connect to FTP

I created a free domain and hosting, but when i try to connect to ftp i can not, it says invalid credentials. Is this because free accounts dont have access to ftp or how can i solve this issue.

I tried filezilla and integrated file manager and both fail.

Btw my credentials are correct.

Hi and welcome to the forum

6 Likes

@Oxy Hi, i tried that but it says " This site can’t be reached". Is this beacuase im using a free plan. Is there no way for me to reach control panel/ftp if i have a free plan? Thanks.

I’m sorry, but what exactly says this? Which site is not reachable for you?

Of course not, that would be silly. Of course we’re not going to give you “free hosting” without any way to actually setup a website on it.

You can assume that the features we offer you are available to you. If we give you a control panel and file manager, those should work. If we give you FTP credentials, you should be able to connect to FTP.

So if those features don’t work, please tell us more about what exactly you see, so we can try to help you.

5 Likes

The first thing to understand is that FTP access will only be enabled after you first enter the control panel. The client area has a trick that ensures you don’t actually have to open the page yourself, but if you cannot reach the control panel, it doesn’t work. So that’s what we need to fix first.

Can you please try the big Control Panel button in the client area and see if you can login to the control panel that way?

If that doesn’t work, please try using a different device or a different network.

4 Likes

form a different network it works.

Then I suspect the issue is caused by a network filter on your end.

Unfortunately, free hosting is also very attractive those who would use it for malicious purposes, and despite our efforts to combat this, some network administrators respond by blocking access to our entire network.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.