Can I point a sub domain (with other host) to Infinityfree's IP address of a site that I made?

Can I point a sub domain (with other host) to Infinityfree’s IP address of a site that I made?

How do I find this ip address?

Correction: I found the ip address of the site, pointed it TO 185.27.134.99 FROM an outside host and it does not work. Is there an internal IP address I am looking for to do this?

I am trying to accomplish that when forum.example.com—>185.27.134.99 points to the sub-domain ip or site I made within Infinityfree.

Does this article answer your questions? https://infinityfree.net/support/find-your-ip/

It partially does, thank you. However, when I visit dig to acquire the ip address for postaprayer.my-board.org/prayer-request it will not give me and ip address. Only when I enter postaprayer.my-board.org do I get an ip address of 185.27.134.99. If i were to point a cname for a subname to the ip address it would end up on the directory file page for the site.

So to be very clear and for example:

1. I want the sub-domain prayer-wall.postaprayer.org to point to the ip address for postaprayer.my-board.org/prayer-request/

2. Here is how it is set up in google where I host the domain:

3. I can find the ip address for postaprayer.my-board.org but not for postaprayer.my-board.org/prayer-request.

Do I have to move the who sites directory to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Please advise.

I am concerned about the site being indexed. I want to index with google prayer-wall.postaprayer.org and not postaprayer.my-board.org/prayer-request/.

@scottrturner said:
It partially does, thank you. However, when I visit dig to acquire the ip address for postaprayer.my-board.org/prayer-request it will not give me and ip address. Only when I enter postaprayer.my-board.org do I get an ip address of 185.27.134.99. If i were to point a cname for a subname to the ip address it would end up on the directory file page for the site.

So to be very clear and for example:

1. I want the sub-domain prayer-wall.postaprayer.org to point to the ip address for postaprayer.my-board.org/prayer-request/
  1. I can find the ip address for postaprayer.my-board.org but not for postaprayer.my-board.org/prayer-request.

That’s because IP addresses are associated with (sub) domain names, not with URLs. The IP address of postaprayer.my-board.org/prayer-request is always the same as postaprayer.my-board.org. If you type a domain name with a path into dig, you’ll get no results because dig doesn’t understand URLs.

@scottrturner said:
2) Here is how it is set up in google where I host the domain:

The screenshot shows you have set up a redirect to the IP address, which is not the same as a DNS record. I’m not familiar with Google Domains’ administration panel, but I think this knowledge base article from Google explains how to configure DNS records: https://support.google.com/domains/answer/3290350

Also, hotlinking is not supported on free hosting, so the embedded image doesn’t work for me. You can use a specialized image hosting service like Postimages instead.

Thank you. Please note: The system only gave me the choice to embed an image when clicking the image option.

@scottrturner said:
Thank you. Please note: The system only gave me the choice to embed an image when clicking the image option.

And you can embed an image here without any problem. Just make sure you use a URL which can actually be embedded, which is not possible for images hosted on a free hosting account.