Blocked IPs, need some IPs to added to whitelist

I am trying to setup uptimerobot but it’s not working because uptime robot IPs is blocked. Can you please whitelist this ip address.
69.162.124.224/28 (Dallas - USA)

63.143.42.240/28 (Dallas - USA)

216.245.221.80/28 (Dallas - USA)

208.115.199.16/28 (Dallas - USA)

216.144.248.16/28 (Dallas - USA)

2607:FF68:107::/48 (Dallas - USA)

Most uptime services don’t work well on free hosting due to the security system.

Also, because of the hits limit, you probably don’t want an uptime tool pining a page that has a lot of assets on it.

A better way to do it is to set the uptime system to use the IP address your website is on (found in the client area) instead. If the server is down, it will timeout. If the server is up, it will respond with an empty response (You may have to change the default configuration for the system you are using to accept an empty response as “up”).

7 Likes

Hi!

Last time I checked UptimeRobot worked perfectly without having to do any of that. It showed me when downtimes occured. What exactly are you trying to do with UptimeRobot?

Does the IP not put extra hit counts?

I’ve never used Uptime Robot with free sites specifically, but that is what I had to do with other similar programs, so I would assume it would be the same.

Calling the IP does not record a hit as there are hundreds (Probably thousands) of websites on each IP, so there is no way of knowing which account to assign the hit to.

9 Likes

We do not allow these kinds of automated website pings on our hosting, it keeps websites active even if they are not being used. We’re more inclined to specifically block such services than allow them.

A Port monitor in UptimeRobot can be used instead. It’s not quite as thorough as a HTTP or Keyword monitor, but it can tell you whether the server is alive and the domain name resolves.

6 Likes

Or tell uptimerobot to query the aes.js file, if it works.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.