audio is not playing

audio should be playing here “http://gserver.epizy.com/load/index.php?template=soil&sid=1” but it isnt, any thoughts on how to fix this

Are you referring to this HTML element?

<video id="video_background" preload="auto" autoplay loop="loop" muted="muted"> 
			<!--<source src="templates/soil/vid/bg.mp4" type="video/mp4">-->
			<source src="templates/soil/vid/bg.webm" type="video/webm"/>
		</video>

It has a property called “muted”. Remove that property and the audio should play.

null
It didn’t work, any other ideas
And thanks in advance

I just tried to open the video separately in another tab, but no audio was playing there as well. Are you sure the .webm file actually has an audio stream?

null
The way I have it setup is where the video doesn’t have any audio I have a separate file for just the audio in case I ever wanted to change it but not change the video

@GarrettS said:
null
The way I have it setup is where the video doesn’t have any audio I have a separate file for just the audio in case I ever wanted to change it but not change the video

Ah, I never noticed the audio element underneath it.

I just tried to open the audio file directly, but it wouldn’t play. Are you sure the audio file itself works?

It did when I placed it in the file, it’s a ogg file, could that be the problem

@GarrettS said:
It did when I placed it in the file, it’s a ogg file, could that be the problem

In my browser it did open a player but clicking the play button didn’t do anything. But I’m not sure which audio formats are supported by browsers, but there are probably articles on the web where they explain it.

Ok, thanks