An error has happened while performing a request, please ty again later when using MailPoet

Website URL

https://voxcode.info

Error Message

When trying to subscribe to a newsletter list using MailPoet form I get the error:
“An error has happened while performing a request, please try again later.”

Other Information

I found an answer on the MailPoet forum stating:

"If you’re seeing this error message when using a MailPoet version higher than 3.60.4, it means the subscription form is not working as expected because your website is using an older jQuery version.

We recommend using jQuery 3.6.0 and we only support 2.2.4+ or 1.12.4+, so you’ll need to update the jQuery version for your website in order to get it fixed. Alternatively, you can roll back to an older version of MailPoet (not recommended).

If you’re using a recent version of jQuery and the error persists, it could be that you have ModSecurity enabled and it’s blocking the requests coming from our form. In this case, we recommend contacting your hosting support to see if ModSecruity is enabled and if you can disable it for the page where the form is placed."

I installed the latest jQuery version available using Softaculous but it still fails with the same error, so I’m assuming it must be the ModSecurity enabled for my site. Could you please give me a solution?

This is probably where the issue stems from. External APIs cannot contact your website due to a security system that helps prevent websites from getting suspended. Try using an SMTP engine for mail or something else instead.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.