All inodes used?

Website URL

(http://allenkll.infinityfreeapp.com)

Error Message

The hosting platform returned an error message while trying to process your request. Please try again or try making the change through the control panel. The error returned is: It appears your account has fully used it’s inode allocation, you will need to delete files to reduce inodes before the script installer will work, or upgrade to premium hosting where we offer over 400,000 inodes !

Other Information

I LITERALLY have nothing installed on this site and never had. I made the account. Attempted to install mediawiki with softaculous, but it failed. I have zero files in my directory, and one folder called .cpanel, which I can’t delete.

I checked cpanel and it says: Inodes Used: 100 % (30395 of 30019)

This must be a bug? or is it a way to prevent anyone from actually getting any free hosting? I’m going to assume bug.

Does anyone have a work around for this bug?

MediaWiki is unfortunately too large for free hosting, so the inode limit you are seeing is most likely correct. Try removing the attempted installation from Softaculous, or check the .cpanel contents and see if you can delete those. Keep in mind that the inode counter is updated every 8 hours, so the fastest solution if the previously mentioned steps do not help might be to create a new hosting account and start over.

10 Likes

Thank you for the information. Looking at Softaculous, how can I tell what I can and cannot load?

Nobody can tell. You can only try

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.