aes.js file is blocking my website

Hi,

Adblock extensions is blocking my website because of the file aes.js. What can I do to fix it ?

regards

Disable your adblock extension or find a better one because the aes.js file is not an ad? It’s a bot/hotlink protection system which you can’t turn off.

I am concerned about my visitors, I will lose a lot of visitor since ad blocker are more and more used. I am using the most popular adblock. Is there a way around this problem ?

@imbelhassen said:
I am concerned about my visitors, I will lose a lot of visitor since ad blocker are more and more used. I am using the most popular adblock. Is there a way around this problem ?

As far as I know, neither AdBloc, AdBlock Plus, Ghostory or uBlock Origin (which, afaik, are the most popular ad blockers) all work fine. Which browser and ad blocker are you using specifically?

I am using Firefox and Chrome browsers and I am using AdBlock Plus

I tried to access a (Wordpress) site with Adblock Plus on both Chrome and Firefox, didn’t get any problems. What do you see when you’re trying to access the website? Can you access the website with ABP turned off?

When I try to acces my website http://www.alsoftica.cu.cc/ the page don’t load,

http://alsoftica.cu.cc/aes.js
|http://$script,xmlhttprequest,cu.cc|randomarchive.com|thebarchive.com

And when I turn off ABP the website load and I get access with no errors.

@imbelhassen said:
|http://$script,xmlhttprequest,cu.cc|randomarchive.com|thebarchive.com

What’s that part? The ABP filter line?

If it is, I’d say it says “don’t allow xmlhttprequests from 4archive.org, cu.cc, randomarchive.com or thebarchive.com”. Which means the aes.js file is not the problem, it’s that ABP marked the cu.cc domain (and a few other domains) as malicious. If you use one of our free subdomains, you won’t have this problem.

For the clever reader: yes, disabling the aes.js file or loading it without Ajax would also “fix” the problem, but since a lot of websites use Ajax in some way anyways, the ad blocker would still break stuff.

The problem is solved, apparently it was just a mistake in the filter that where updated 3 days ago, but today when I updated the adblock filter it works without any problem.