Admin Please Help -My sites are saying ERROR

Hello, Please help
The sites are saying: “Error establishing a database connection”

I’ve tried everything I could possibly do including reading the knowledgebase here=> https://infinityfree.net/support/common-mysql-errors but can’t solve this issue.

My Infinityfree username is => epiz_22176989

Whenever I go to the two sites http://nairaville.cf & http://duchng.cf , it says:

“Error establishing a database connection”

And when I tried to go to the wordpress admin panel, http://nairaville.cf/wp-admin and
http://duchng.cf/wp-admin respectively, it says: "

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at sql302.byetcluster.com. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
Are you sure that the database server is running?
If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums. "

Please help me resolve this issue asap. My InfinityFree username is => epiz_22176989

How can this be solve? My username is => epiz_22176989

I don’t recommend to manually fiddling the php file if you did not know the basic of PHP.

If this site of yours is still fresh (means you did not have any post in it), then I’d prefer to reinstall Wordpress. But this time, make sure information you’re input during configuration were correct.

MySQL Host → sql302.byetcluster.com
Username → your username
Password → your database password
Database Name → your username + wp (sort of). Ex: epiz_123456_wp

Anyway, you can always find these info inside your vPanel → MySQL Databases

@Joo_Nath said:
I don’t recommend to manually fiddling the php file if you did not know the basic of PHP.

If this site of yours is still fresh (means you did not have any post in it), then I’d prefer to reinstall Wordpress. But this time, make sure information you’re input during configuration were correct.

MySQL Host → sql302.byetcluster.com
Username → your username
Password → your database password
Database Name → your username + wp (sort of). Ex: epiz_123456_wp

Anyway, you can always find these info inside your vPanel → MySQL Databases

Hello @Joo_Nath , I can’t reinstall another wordpress because I’ve already put content inside the sites. Please what should I do, who will help me solve this issue ? It’s sad and frustrating.

Then you’ll need to access your file, to be more specific, you need to get to wp-config.php

Then find something like:
define('DB_NAME', 'your_db_name')
And so on.

Take a look at those define and match the variables with the credential you found at vPanel > MySQL Databases. After that, save and refresh your browser (cache may also need to be deleted).

@Joo_Nath said:
Then you’ll need to access your file, to be more specific, you need to get to wp-config.php

Then find something like:
define('DB_NAME', 'your_db_name')
And so on.

Take a look at those define and match the variables with the credential you found at vPanel > MySQL Databases. After that, save and refresh your browser (cache may also need to be deleted).

Please where will I see the wp-config.php ? Is it inside my infinityfree cpanel or where? You know I can’t login to my wordpress dashboard( http://nairaville.cf/wp-admin and
http://duchng.cf/wp-admin ) at this time. Also, to be more specific the vPanel > MySQL Databases can be found in my Infinityfree cpanel, right?

No, it doesn’t require you to login inside your site, but rather through FTP (Login to InfinityFree > Manage Account → Go to File Manager)

the wp-config.php should be found at htdocs folder (or inside directory where you install WordPress).

Also, to be more specific the vPanel > MySQL Databases can be found in my Infinityfree cpanel, right?
Yup, it’s correct.

@Joo_Nath said:
No, it doesn’t require you to login inside your site, but rather through FTP (Login to InfinityFree > Manage Account → Go to File Manager)

the wp-config.php should be found at htdocs folder (or inside directory where you install WordPress).

Also, to be more specific the vPanel > MySQL Databases can be found in my Infinityfree cpanel, right?
Yup, it’s correct.

I was able to get to the ‘wp-config.php’ and edit. But after the edit it’s still the same ERROR. Why this? The sites was running perfectly well earlier, all of a sudden this ERROR.

This is one of the worse thing that has ever happen to me in life. After putting so much effort to the content of the sites, now all content is lost. Even the admin doesn’t help cuz they don’t know how you are feeling. I’m very sad right now!

@Lincoo said:
This is one of the worse thing that has ever happen to me in life. After putting so much effort to the content of the sites, now all content is lost. Even the admin doesn’t help cuz they don’t know how you are feeling. I’m very sad right now!

Hi,
What was the last time you did before the error?
You might be editing the General Settings, adding Plugins, Changing themes and like that.

if it helps How to fix the ‘Error Establishing a Database Connection’ in WordPress - Make A Website Hub

I am having the same issue. My site oddjourney.xyz was fine, with wordpress installed via softaculous, and as of yesterday is down with this same error. In my phpadmin and mysql database manager under operation settings it says “The phpMyAdmin configuration storage has been deactivated. To find out why click here”.

Is this the issue? I have not made any changes to my website in weeks, anf it appears to be an infinityfree server or database issue, and there are no current knowledgebase articles on file to resolve this issue. As well, all referenced articles do not resolve the issue. Can someone give me a call to resolve or fix on your end.

Thanks.

This is also happening on my husbands website, who has his own account with infinityfree. Same timing, same issues, no changes to his site.

@Lincoo said:

Enable debug mode in WordPress to get the real error message, then compare that with the Common MySQL Errors knowledge base article linked to before.

@OddJourney said:
I am having the same issue. My site oddjourney.xyz was fine, with wordpress installed via softaculous, and as of yesterday is down with this same error. In my phpadmin and mysql database manager under operation settings it says “The phpMyAdmin configuration storage has been deactivated. To find out why click here”.

Well, did you click it and take a look at the output?

I’d suggest to take a full backup of your database (vPanel > MySQL Databases > button “Admin” to your _wp database > menu bar Export > Go); this will prompt a file with sql format to be downloaded, then try to enable WP_ALLOW_REPAIR (see @OxyDac link for full steps).

Random thought:

I don’t know what you just did, but I’ve been using WordPress for years, been migrating to various hosting provider and never once meet a problem like this.

The only difference is that I use the installer provided by Wordpress itself, because (imo) it feels much safer and more trusted.

Yes i looked at the output, and something in the infinityfree side is causing the databases to be deleted. I have backed them up and redid them twice. Same thing.

I cannot get to debug mode in wp, because all my pages, back end and front end, have this error, so all i see is

Error connecting to database.

(NOT TRYING TO YELL HERE, MY PHONE KEYBOARD WONT GET OUT OF CAPS. )

AS I ALREADY TYPED. I HAVE READ EVERY KNOWLEDGEBASE ARTICLE UNDER EACH OPEN AND CLOSED THREAD AND NOTHING HAS HELPED. *COMMON MSQL ERRORS, DATABASD ERRORS, ETC AND THAT IS NOT HELPING. )

I STARTED MY SITE A MONTH AGO. I HAVE CHANGED NOTHING IN THIS TIME.

NOW, IT IS HAVING ERRORS, AND IS DELETING MY PHP DATABASES ON THE ADMIN SIDE.

ALL OF MY DATABASES ARE DELETED, BUT I CHANGED NOTHING. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

PLEASE HELP

IS N E ONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE?

@OddJourney said:
Yes i looked at the output, and something in the infinityfree side is causing the databases to be deleted. I have backed them up and redid them twice. Same thing.

I cannot get to debug mode in wp, because all my pages, back end and front end, have this error, so all i see is

Did you actually search the web? Enabling WordPress debug mode is done by editing the wp-config.php file. You don’t need to be able to open the admin interface to be able to figure out why the admin interface doesn’t work.

@OddJourney said:
IS N E ONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE?

Plenty of people have this issue, and every time is was caused by bad database credentials.