Addon Domain - Change of registar's nameservers

While trying to add a new domain to InfinityFree I got the following error:

Error Adding Domain…

This could be due to already adding the domain to this or another account or, you have not changed the nameservers as required or not enough time has passed since changing the nameservers…

Remember, you need to change the nameservers on a domain via registrar control panel BEFORE adding it to your account, it may take 24~72 hours to completely update the nameservers.

Since I use Cloudflare, can I change the DNS settings in Cloudflare or do I have to set the registar’s DNS records point to Infinity’s nameservers?

Like the message says, you have to change your domain’s nameservers at your domain registrar. You can’t do this from your current DNS hosting provider.

Note that this also doesn’t mean setting DNS records are your domain registrar. Our nameservers should replace Cloudflare’s entirely, at least until you’ve added the domain to your account. After that, you can move it back and copy the settings.

2 Likes

Thanks for the declaration! I tried myself changing Cloudflare’s records and then adding the domain without success, but I asked anyway to clarify if something else was the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.