Adding Event Issues

I’m trying to add an event in database but it’s saying access denied for user …
What can I do to fix this?

To fix this, you can follow the same general steps as you could tackle almost any other issue.

First of all, you should check the knowledge base, existing forum topics and search the web in general to learn more about the issue. Checking this would already be a good start:

https://infinityfree.net/support/common-mysql-errors/

If you can’t find what you need there. You can ask for help on the forum with more information about the issue. If you would like to do that, please fill in the topic template so we can have the information we need to help you.

1 Like

I’m trying to add this command:
CREATE EVENT CheckOnline
ON SCHEDULE AT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP + INTERVAL 3 MINUTE
DO
UPDATE users SET online = 0;
It’s saying: #1044 - Access denied for user ‘[MySQL User Name]’@‘192.168.%’ to database ‘[MySQL DB Name]’

When I check if event scheduler is ON with command: SELECT @@event_scheduler It’s saying It’s off.
Please help me…

Yes, MySQL events are disabled on free hosting. I’m sorry, I didn’t read your message properly.

If you would like to perform a scheduled task, please use the Cron Jobs functionality with a PHP script to perform your task.

2 Likes

What if I go premium with 5 dollar/month or so, will it be enabled?

I believe that events are enabled in premium hosting. But you could ask iFastNet about that to be sure.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.