Add a domain name but don't use nameservers, just use DNS records

Add a domain name but don’t use nameservers, just use DNS records
(Thêm một tên miền nhưng không sử dụng nameservers, chỉ sử dụng các bản ghi DNS)

Website URL

andyzone.42web.io

I want to add a domain name but do not use nameservers, but use DNS records, what should I do?

(Tôi muốn thêm một tên miền nhưng không sử dụng nameservers, mà sử dụng các bản ghi DNS thì phải làm sao?)

Other Information

(none)

You are using a free subdomain, and you can’t change the nameservers of it.

For a custom domain, you point the nameservers to infinityfree, add it to an account, and change it back to the original nameservers with an A record

6 Likes

I tried adding a new account but got the following message:
(Tôi đã thử thêm một tài khoản mới nhưng có thông báo như sau:)

Your domain is not yet pointing to our nameservers ns1.infinityfree.com and ns2.infinityfree.com. Please change your nameservers at your domain name provider and wait a few hours for the changes to take effect. You can also create an account with a subdomain first.

Currently, my domain name is pointing DNS records to use a 3rd party mail service, so I cannot switch to using nameservers. Please guide me on how to set up a domain name.
(Hiện tên miền tôi đang trỏ các bản ghi DNS để sử dụng dịch vụ mail bên thứ 3, vì vậy không thể chuyển qua sử dụng nameservers được. Hãy hướng dẫn giúp tôi cách cài tên miền.)

Unfortunately, you cannot use any other method than changing the nameservers to add the domain to your hosting account.

Changing your nameservers doesn’t have to be permanent though; you can temporarily switch them to ours to add the domain to the hosting platform, then switch back to your provider’s DNS and set up an A record with the value of your “Website IP” in your account’s client area to point to this hosting.

7 Likes

Please guide me on how to configure DNS records, I don’t know how to configure Infinityfree hosting.
(Hãy hướng dẫn cho tôi cách cấu hình với các bản ghi DNS, tôi chưa rõ cách cấu hình đối với hosting của Infinityfree.)

What exactly are you trying to do?

The domain name andyzone.42web.io is already connected to an InfinityFree account, and is working (Just upload your files to the /htdocs folder to use it).

You do not need to configure any DNS records to use the domain here.

I want to configure DNS records with another domain name, so I created this Q&A, can you help me?
(Tôi muốn cấu hình bản ghi DNS với một tên miền khác, nên tôi mới tạo mục hỏi đáp này, bạn có thể giúp tôi không?)

What domain name?

1 Like

My new domain name is andyzone.id.vn
(tên miền mới của tôi là andyzone.id.vn)

This?

2 Likes

I tried following this guide, but when changing nameservers the DNS records will be disabled, whereas I only want to use DNS because I am configuring a 3rd party email service through the DNS records.

(Tôi đã thử làm theo hướng dẫn này, nhưng khi thay đổi nameservers thì các bản ghi DNS sẽ bị vô hiệu hoá, trong khi đó tôi chỉ muốn sử dụng DNS vì tôi đang cấu hình cho dịch vụ email bên thứ 3 thông qua các bản ghi DNS.)

It will not be permanent if you followed ChrisPAR’s instruction. Read carefully

It’s your choice, or your can find other hosting…

5 Likes

After adding your domain to your account, you can also setup MX records and SPF records on our nameservers, so you will still be able to receive email on your domain, even during the short time your domain will be pointing to our nameservers.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.